Best Course You Have Played This Year

Skytot

Visit site
Only played 2 other courses apart from hammering my own course. Played Ulverston in a senior open (but I’ve played it it a few times ) and Conwy . Conwy was superb ,loved it .

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Only played 2 other courses apart from hammering my own course. Played Ulverston in a senior open (but I’ve played it it a few times ) and Conwy . Conwy was superb ,loved it .
That's the course where The Average Golfer did a lot of his club testing. Looks fabulous, but a lot of travelling for me.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We hosted qualifying for the Seniors Open on both the Rosemount and Lansdowne courses and I must say they were superb. Probably the best they have ever been. One other course I played this summer which stands out was Dunbar. As always in great condition and because of the superb summer weather it was faultless.

On the other hand, probably the biggest disappointment was Trump International. Having played there three times before, we played in their Seniors Open last month. Whilst it is still a terrific course, I felt it was not as good as previous years and didn't live up to the expectations.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A toss up between Cromer, Sheringham and Hunstanton....possibly Sheringham just shading it..or maybe Hunstanton did.......mind you, Cromer was nice...

D

Deleted member 1147

Ganton is the best course I played this year.
But I played a few tracks for the first time which were hugely enjoyable, Aberdovey, Stoneham and Hayling were great fun.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Apart from my own course, the best for me was Spey Valley.
I really enjoyed it, a lot more than I thought I would as I'd heard mixed reports.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Silloth in their Rotary Open was superb (as it always is) but also really enjoyed Ormskirk, Pleasington and Stockport this year.

Special mention to Fairhaven as well but I wasn't able to enjoy it as my golf was woeful.

Funt1m3

Visit site
Hankley common. Was recommended it, and was not disappointed. Weather was perfect, good group of lads, one to remember.

evemccc

Visit site
We hosted qualifying for the Seniors Open on both the Rosemount and Lansdowne courses and I must say they were superb. Probably the best they have ever been. One other course I played this summer which stands out was Dunbar. As always in great condition and because of the superb summer weather it was faultless.

On the other hand, probably the biggest disappointment was Trump International. Having played there three times before, we played in their Seniors Open last month. Whilst it is still a terrific course, I felt it was not as good as previous years and didn't live up to the expectations.

My biggest surprise this year - and purely because I didn’t know what to expect - was Dunbar. @KenL laid on some perfect weather. I thought it was superbly conditioned with strategy and as it was right by the water, great sea views. It would be the sort of course I would like to be a member, the atmosphere / decor of the clubhouse was just what I like - a mix of traditional / historical old-school charm but welcoming and not pretentious or snobby. It all just seemed how golf should be and ‘proper’

Best course I played has to be the Ailsa, again in perfect weather with a winter GF

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Ipswich for me. It’s a great layout where almost every hole is a good one. The 4th (?) being the exception.
Despite the dry weather the course was in fantastic condition.
The welcome we had as visitors was fantastic, which cannot be said for some other clubs.
£65 on a Saturday afternoon was a bargain.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Apart from my home course which has been the best i've played this year, my favourite has been Coxmoor, closely followed by Hallamshire, Ilkley and Selby.
I played Ganton too, but would put it at the bottom of my list for overall experience.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not played many other courses this year and don’t remember any new ones. Probably Broadstone in UK, and it’s a toss up between the Carya and the Montgomerie in Belek. Both brilliant but for different reasons.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I keep promising mysrlf that I will play Cavendish but still havent.

No doubt about my best, Royal Birkdale, 3 rounds in the county championship fabulous course one of the best i have played.

Honourable mention too for Moor Allerton, which I played for the first time, great course with lots of variety of holes.

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
Lindrick would have to be the pick for me. Played on a summer‘s afternoon and had the course practically to ourselves, an almost surreal experience. Enjoyed the Ryder Cup displays / room in the clubhouse and they’d made a real effort for the Jubilee, which was a nice touch.

Honourable mentions to the Lambourne Club, Hallamshire and Silkstone GC, all 3 thoroughly enjoyable rounds and great hospitality.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
We haven't played many away courses this year but the two days at Ganton plus a stay in the dormy house would be hard to beat. Company was fabulous as well.