Best Club For Self Defence

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Following on from Tigergate, it is a fact that a golf club was used as a weapon, and it is also a fact that many people have a similar weapon by their front door or by their bed in case of attack.

How long will it be before we see companies actively marketing specific clubs solely for this purpose?
And if so, which club would they choose

ie A Driver may be too long to wave around in a confined space, whilst a Sand iron may not have the reach

has anyone ever had to use one in self defence
Would you give it a nick name?
Mine would be "The Nurkes Nut Crusher"

Elin Fragger

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used to have a Ping UGLE putter that would have been lethal, looked like some sort of Klingon Death Blade. One knock on the noggin with that and the recipient will not be getting up

doc17

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got one of those heavy weighted short swing trainers with a fixed weight on the end. Perfect for a multitude of alternative uses other than warming up in the club car park. Better than carrying a baseball bat around. :)

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cant beat a "Dundee Wedge" Babe Ruth would be proud of the swing speed i get with one of those bad boys, metal it is to makes a great pinging noise when it hits something solid :rolleyes:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I wouldnt use a golf club, id use the leg of an old chair or something, shorter=easier to swing in a confined place.
Now in open territory, it has to be the wedge....ouch!

stevewilko

Medal Winner
Visit site
dear judge i plead ignorance, the GM forum told me how, what with, and when pmsl lol
Mine would be burner rescue club designed to cut through everything !!!!!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Make sure its not a cheap chinese knock off, can you imagine the embarassment of taking a backswing only for the intruder to turn and see the head fall off and knock your very self out cold? :D

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
How long will it be before we see companies actively marketing specific clubs solely for this purpose?
And if so, which club would they choose

they already do. surely no-one can seriously think that such offerings as the Odyssey Teron and Sabretooth, or Ping's Craz-D and IN have any intended golfing purpose.