Bent my putter when my bag fell over: help needed

Pegmondo125

Visit site
Hi I've bent my putter when my bag fell over in the wind it is an offset type putter with a plumbers neck type offset. And this is where it has ever so slightly twisted. And now my putting seems off . Is there anyway of regaining it back to a perfect alignment again without just putting it in a vice and bending it to what I think is straight? Buying another putter is out of the question as I'm an apprentice and money is tight at the minute . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks for your input dude. But the shafts perfectly straight it's the metal offset that's bent

Most club pros who repair/re shaft clubs should be able to get it some where close,.... They would need to have a loft/lie machine would be my guess.

If you stuck I use a shop in Orpington, Kent, but you would obviously need to send it to him.

Pegmondo125

Visit site
I've managed to bend it back. Using a vice and just kept tweaking it. It's now somewhat straight and a lot better than it was. It's a fazer putter with a really fat grip and I really get on with this putter unlike any other. The metal seems like a cheap metal that can be bent fairly easily. Would a Ping putter the ones that are £140 but the same type be less prone to bending? And made of a harder grade metal?

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would a Ping putter the ones that are £140 but the same type be less prone to bending? And made of a harder grade metal?

not necessarily - particular alloys are used for particular reasons rather than cost. brittle isn't necessarily better than soft as butter either!

G

guest100718

Same thing happened to my Ping Anser 2 (BeCu) I bent it back myself and its been fine.