Belek golf post covid-19

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
Hi All,

Considering a week in Belek golfing in October / November and wondered if anyone has had any experience post covid, of which hotels / courses are worth staying at / playing?
Appreciate there are plenty of threads on golf in Turkey already with a lot of usual suspects in terms of hotels and courses, but, things may or may not have changed!

Looking at possibly 3 rounds so any course recommendations and likewise hotels, would be welcomed greatly! I also recall there being a particular course where the all inclusive is included on the golf course too, if anyone knows of that?

Cheers :)

Last edited:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Stayed at the Gloria Verde in April/May and the hotel was operating pretty much as normal. No requirement to wear masks, all facilities open as far as I could tell.

Badger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
had a week at gloria golf hotel last october and was very impressed, first time to belek though so nothing to compare against.

the all inclusive included the refreshment/food carts on the course and the food at the golf club (not sure if this is standard or if we paid extra ?)

played the old, new and verde courses at gloria, thought the 9 hole verde was a bit of a hidden gem.

even back then there was no real covid restrictions.

we are going back next april.

AAC

Visit site
A big group from my home club have just returned from the Gloria Golf Hotel, its the 2nd trip in three years, I went 3 years ago and thought it was fantastic, the guys who went this time (& last time) said its now even better and have already started plans to go back next year. I don't think there are any really bad courses but last time we played:

Gloria Old
Lykiya Links
PGA National
Carya

I think this time they also played, and enjoyed
Sultan
Montogomerie
Gloria New

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just came back two weeks ago. We stayed at the Seuno Deluxe. They have two courses there which are pretty good. Not my favourite hotel out there, that would be the Voyage. We also played the Carya and the Montgomerie. The Monty is the one where everything is included in the package if you opt for it. We had lunch and beers/wine before golf. Then more beers and another meal after the golf. In my opinion the Carya and the Monty are the two best courses out there. The service at the Monty was brilliant. The staff couldn’t be more helpful.

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for all the comments, sounds fantastic and spoilt for choice!

I’d read the Montgomerie Maxx Royal had the Turkish Open, so would be nice to play that.

Noticed from a few of the sites that the deals tend to feature 2 / 3 rounds at the same (hotel affiliated) course, so guess will be a bit of a premium to play different ones!

Assuming Oct / Nov weather should be fine?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I’d read the Montgomerie Maxx Royal had the Turkish Open, so would be nice to play that.

Noticed from a few of the sites that the deals tend to feature 2 / 3 rounds at the same (hotel affiliated) course, so guess will be a bit of a premium to play different ones!

Assuming Oct / Nov weather should be fine?
I thought the Turkish open was normally at the Carya, but the Monty is also a great course.

Shouldn't be a problem booking extra rounds if you want them.

Only possible problem in October is that a lot of courses do overseeding, and buggies might be banned. Be careful which courses you book if you want buggies.
Also, the only time I've had my ankles eaten by biting insects was in October!

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
I thought the Turkish open was normally at the Carya, but the Monty is also a great course.

Shouldn't be a problem booking extra rounds if you want them.

Only possible problem in October is that a lot of courses do overseeding, and buggies might be banned. Be careful which courses you book if you want buggies.
Also, the only time I've had my ankles eaten by biting insects was in October!

I think the Turkish Open switched to Montgomerie for the last couple, before it dropped off the DP World Tour.

Great shout re over seeding! I’d totally forgotten about that. Seems Montgomerie finishes early October, so hoping it may be ok by the end of the month?