Beko Dishwasher not draining

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got a Beko slimline... It started this morning, with a cracking sound - looks likes something was stuck in the impeller. It ran the cycle but there is plenty of water left in the DW after it.
Came across this helpful video >>

Unfortunately, in a Beko the impeller is hidden. so cant see it. Have run a cycle without anyting in it, and still there is water at the end. Felt around the drain tube, cant feel anything. Cant be a problem in the U-bend, since it has a common u-bend with the sink - and that is draining.

At my wits end.. Any expert here

update: cleaned and plugged back in.. now the cycle does not start.. the ligths are on but won’t start the cycle.

Argghh.. I don’t want to buy a new DW if we do the kitchen later this year ..

Last edited:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I remember right my Mum had a Beko slimline that wouldn't drain. First issue was the drainage pipe wasn't clearing the water properly due to incorrect waste pipe exit, leaving water in the dishwasher, causing some sort of sensor to trip and thus wouldn't start a new cycle no matter what. It was cured by physically taking the dishwasher outside and tipping on its side to remove all water, then reassemble. And fixing the waste pipe issue properly. May not be your issue though.

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
We had the exact same problem just before Christmas. As above, I ended up disconnecting it and tipping it on its side to completely drain any water out. Reconnected and all sorted.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have got all the visible water out.. it has restarted .. but I suspect it may not drain again.. I have put a Finish dishwasher cleaner and currently running a cycle.

Might have to take it outside on the weekend ..

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Drained it.. restarted it.. can hear the water go in, splash about, blades moving about… then when the drain is supposed to happen, it goes all quiet. No kinks or visible block in the outlet pipe or near u-bend … driving me nuts .. last try before it goes into the garden and tip over.

Side observation…this cycle is being run without any soap. There is some rinse aid (but it is low) … but the water in the DW is pretty foamy. Not sure where it is picking up the soap from

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Drained it.. restarted it.. can hear the water go in, splash about, blades moving about… then when the drain is supposed to happen, it goes all quiet. No kinks or visible block in the outlet pipe or near u-bend … driving me nuts .. last try before it goes into the garden and tip over.

Side observation…this cycle is being run without any soap. There is some rinse aid (but it is low) … but the water in the DW is pretty foamy. Not sure where it is picking up the soap from
I refer the Gentlemen to post #5.
I don't see why you would throw it away for the sake of what should be a cheapish repair.
Anyway, that's my concidered professional opinion gained over 40 yrs.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't see why you would throw it away for the sake of what should be a cheapish repair.

Today is my time to find the screws for the lower front panel… it is obviously not in the place I am looking for .. I turned it over to its side and seems like a big piece of foam padding behind the lower front panel and nothing else!! So it must be somewhere else

Update: found this video .. will give it a shot..

Last edited:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thank to BM and YouTube … found the culprit… a rough pistachio shell in the outlet pump chamber (can’t be more middle class than that).. not sure how it made its way there.

Thanks @Bunkermagnet … saved me 250 quid… a donation making its way to the forum’s fav charity H4H on your behalf7940FC13-86A2-4200-838E-BE418E95646F.jpeg2168159D-6E0D-40D4-884E-E093AB9FFCEC.jpeg