Bathroom design .

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any suggestions for an online bathroom design program.
Looking the refurbish a chalet bungalow bathroom so have restrictions on height underneath the eaves.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Me and Mrs SILH are debating whether or not to keep the bath in our 6’x6’ bathroom. We only have a downstairs shower room as our current freestanding Edwardian cast iron roll top bath is not suitable for installing a shower over it. Question under debate is bath/no bath - and so whether we should

1) remove the bath altogether and install a decent size shower cabinet and move WC to the side of the shower in the footprint of existing bath - creates more space to move around.
2) replace the existing bath with a full length bath that has an integrated shower cabinet of some form
3) replace the existing bath with a 4ft bath with integrated shower cabinet of some form (this would create a bit more space to move around as WC could be put at foot of bath)

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We got rid of our bath when we did the bathroom last year and replaced it with a shower that is the same size as the old bath. Single screen at the side (about 2/3 of the length of the tray and then a hinged ‘flap’ about 12” wide to keep the spray in. Coupled with a large shower head and a hand held head it is great. Don’t miss the bath as I don’t think either of us used it in the 5 years we have been here

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
We used the service at City Plumbing. They have a Design team in house and they did a great job with ours. Doesn't cost a penny if you're buying the goods from there too - and you still get trade discount if the plumber/fitter you use has an account there.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We got rid of our bath when we did the bathroom last year and replaced it with a shower that is the same size as the old bath. Single screen at the side (about 2/3 of the length of the tray and then a hinged ‘flap’ about 12” wide to keep the spray in. Coupled with a large shower head and a hand held head it is great. Don’t miss the bath as I don’t think either of us used it in the 5 years we have been here
I haven’t use our bath for many years, so long in fact that I can’t remember when. But my wife likes an occasional bath and soak - candles, glass of wine etc. Its that very occasional use that is getting in the way of us removing it…I‘ve said if she wants an occasional bath she can have one whenever we visit her mum up north - which we do every few weeks.

But mightb what prospective buyers be looking for…bath/no bath? There is, or has been, a trend towards no bath. But will that change? Do modern young parents of small children want a bath for children’s bath time? Questions to be answered. Of course what we might take out someone else can put back.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I haven’t use our bath for many years, so long in fact that I can’t remember when. But my wife likes an occasional bath and soak - candles, glass of wine etc. Its that very occasional use that is getting in the way of us removing it…I‘ve said if she wants an occasional bath she can have one whenever we visit her mum up north - which we do every few weeks.

But mightb what prospective buyers be looking for…bath/no bath? There is, or has been, a trend towards no bath. But will that change? Do modern young parents of small children want a bath for children’s bath time? Questions to be answered. Of course what we might take out someone else can put back.
I don't understand why people think about this unless you are altering it to sell straight afterwards.

Surely you do what suits you.

Also, I wouldn't be impresssed being told I could have a bath when I visited relatives.

We kept a bath and shower over it when we redid our bathroom. Just upgraded both. I think this will only be changed to walk in shower when we can no longer get in and out of the bath safely.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When we had the house valued last month (just out of curiosity, not looking to sell) the agent was impressed with the shower room and didn’t mention anything about not having a bath. Also agree with Chellie, we didn’t want a bath so we removed it - sod those who buy after we have left this planet 😃

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Our en suite is identical to the main bathroom. Toilet with an electric shower over the bath. Some years ago we ripped out the main bathroom bath and put in a walk in shower fed straight from the Boiler. I wasn’t overly impressed about the idea but went along with it. It was the best thing we have done. The shower is excellent. Plus if the boiler packs up, we have an electric shower. If electric shower packs up we have the main shower.
Some days ( after golf ) I love a bath. Today it’s been a shower. 👍

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I ask the bath/no bath question as we are split ourselves and not quite sure what we want. Plus we have been on the verge of spending a load of ££s to have a shower room built on top of an existing small extension.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our en suite is identical to the main bathroom. Toilet with an electric shower over the bath. Some years ago we ripped out the main bathroom bath and put in a walk in shower fed straight from the Boiler. I wasn’t overly impressed about the idea but went along with it. It was the best thing we have done. The shower is excellent. Plus if the boiler packs up, we have an electric shower. If electric shower packs up we have the main shower.
Some days ( after golf ) I love a bath. Today it’s been a shower. 👍
You've confused me here Tashy. They are identical except one has a bath, the other doesn't and one has an electric shower and the other doesn't? But other than that, they're identical? :unsure:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Anyone got any experience of the 1.2m baths designed for small bathrooms. Most have a shower screen, but interested in the ‘bath‘ experience anyone might have.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You've confused me here Tashy. They are identical except one has a bath, the other doesn't and one has an electric shower and the other doesn't? But other than that, they're identical? :unsure:
They were identical. Bath with electric shower above. Bath now gone in main bathroom and electric shower replaced with a walk in shower. Now not identical 😁👍

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
This sort of thing…some come with shower screens. Just an option we are considering for our 6’ x 6’ bathroom.

Yep, but check out the internal width as well which you can probably only do in a show room. some were coffin like when we were looking.