Barnham Broom - Norwich

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

I did a search but it was either only briefly mentioned or several years ago......

Got a 16 person golf weekend this weekend at Barnham Broom. 1 Night, 2 rounds (one on each course), plus dinner, B&B for £135.

Currently playing nowhere near my handicap, but should be fun and the Champions league final on Saturday night.

Anyone have much to say about the courses or the "resort" itself?

Cheers all

Adam

D

Deleted member 21258

Last went there April 18, did not stay in the hotel as was in self catering lodges on site.

Courses(Hill & Valley) have matured nicely over the years and layout changed around a bit. The valley is the 'harder/better' course and I prefer it myself and has quite a number of great holes, but the hill does have some great holes, like the sweeping 5th par 5 that runs along the river or nice elevated tee on the 4th or the almost driveable 18th and nice 11th(?) & 17th par 3.

A couple of nice and enjoyable parkland payable courses, that wont wreck you if you have a split of handicaps or playing poorly or if hung over :);)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
10 years since I played there (3 times over 3 years) but based on that, eat in the brasserie rather than the overpriced dining room (unless it is included in the price).
The courses were pretty decent then but a pal says they are better now.