Bargain Rounds of Golf

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can anyone recommend any good bargain rounds of golf. I am in the East Midlands and play at Thorpe Wood and Orton Meadows in Peterborough which are great value at under £20.00. I have also just tried the new 18 hole course at Rutland Water and this is another bargain for £20.00. I am not a member anywhere so like to try as many courses as possible but cannot always justify some of the higher green fees. There seems to be some very good golf available for under £30.00 even at weekends so would be intrigued to see if there are any other recommendations that anyone would care to make.

blindpete

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am in Nottingham, Cotgrave Place have two great courses at around £25-30 a go, Ruddington Grange is a nice course at around £25. I played down your way at Lakeside near St Ives last year, that was good too.

Greenkeeper

Club Champion
Visit site
I played Newquay last summer and I thought the course was very impressive, very natural, great condition, wonderful panoramic views, and with the wind and fast greens somewhat of a challenge!
Defiantly worth a visit!!!

It’s a credit to the greenkeepers LOL, I thought I’d get that in! ;)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have but most of the courses that I know only take them on certain week days and not at the weekend. That said, I would like to know golf courses where I can go for the day and get a bargain. I am a bit of a novice at the moment so am happy to play on good cheap courses and save the more expensive ones for when I am better able to appreciate them.