banned from driving

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
no not me ,but a nearby neighbour who has been banned as she had an epileptic fit .
but this hasnt stopped her driving ,and 99% of the time with her two pre school age children on board .
the police have been told on numerous occasions and have done bugger all to date .
is there another route that can be taken to stop this woman from driving whilst banned and risking not only her and her childrens lives but other road users as well. [no its not me that informed the police but another neighbour]
anyone know how to stop her. as its no good talking to her about it as she dosent give a toss obviously ,and her husband is a bloddy alchoholic so he dosent give a flying f either.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
film it, far harder evidence to present, and if they weren't dealing with far more important matters tell social services re the children. The police will care, just need to actually catch her remind her about the bin lorry driver who killed the family in Scotland

Wolf

Visit site
Epilepsy sufferers after seizure generally have to have 2 years clear from episodes unless otherwise stated by DVLA.

If she is under a current ban for it she's entitled to free public transport including taxis under a government scheme, this is what my Mrs step mum gets as a result of beu g currently banned due to a recent seizure.

As a result of the above I'd film her driving, then have a chat advising her of what she is entitled to and advise her to look into and finish it with saying you are now going to inform the police of what she's been doing. Hopefully would scare her into action and then you can go to local station lodge complaint in person and tell them you've offered her advise as well. Cover all bases.

She is a danger to herself, her family and others all the while she isn't clear of seizures

Obviously you need to be factually correct and sure of her actually being banned and that issues with her husband before you make said allegations but if all true what I've described would be the route I'd follow

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25172

Contact social services in regards to the welfare of the children? You can chuck in the fact that the father is an alcoholic as a cherry on the top (if he actually is an alcoholic that is).

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Unless you have absolute proof of everything you stated then stay out of her business.

You are making a number of judgemental calls which are opinions about her personality and her life.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unless you have absolute proof of everything you stated then stay out of her business.

You are making a number of judgemental calls which are opinions about her personality and her life.

im making no judgemental opinions mate she has told me and my wife that she is banned and also re her husband he has also told us that he is an alky, maybe its you being judgemental about people you dont know.

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
im making no judgemental opinions mate she has told me and my wife that she is banned and also re her husband he has also told us that he is an alky, maybe its you being judgemental about people you dont know.

I'm not calling you a liar but it's unbelievable to think she would openly tell you (or anyone for that matter), that she is still driving whilst under a ban. Same goes with having an alcoholic husband, that's quite a personal thing to admit to anyone never mind your neighbours!

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not calling you a liar but it's unbelievable to think she would openly tell you (or anyone for that matter), that she is still driving whilst under a ban. Same goes with having an alcoholic husband, that's quite a personal thing to admit to anyone never mind your neighbours

nowt strange as folk, i can only relay what i was told by her and her husband.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
tell her if you see her driving again, you will have no option but to inform the police and social services. if she disregards that, film it and phone them.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If she has had her license revoked on medical grounds and is still driving then she will be uninsured and therefore putting everybody she meets on the road at risk. I would film her and take the evidence straight to the police and if the front desk won’t do anything about it ask to see the duty inspector. If she were to have a fit at he wheel the consequences could be very grave and having no insurance on to of that, could be catastrophic to the victims.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If she has had her license revoked on medical grounds and is still driving then she will be uninsured and therefore putting everybody she meets on the road at risk. I would film her and take the evidence straight to the police and if the front desk won’t do anything about it ask to see the duty inspector. If she were to have a fit at he wheel the consequences could be very grave and having no insurance on to of that, could be catastrophic to the victims.
This and assume the doctor has instructed the DVLA and they have revoked the licence. That would invalidate the insurance. Unless the police take action there is nothing more this lady can do but by driving she risks a massive fine/imprisonment