Bank hol weather

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
In my now rather long living memory, bad weather almost always seems to afflict the Easter Bank Holiday. I was staying in my mobile holiday home in Hampshire last night and it shook so much in the wind that it was like flying through turbulence in an airliner. I didn't get much sleep! :(

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Katie reaching its last knockings now with sun out and still quite blustery. However there will be no golf for us as we're closed all day due to the accompanying deluges having waterlogged our course again - just when it had finally almost dried out too :angry:

God, but our weather isn't half irritating!!!:rolleyes:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Well you don't get that much good weather North of the Border, so I am glad you enjoyed it while you could. We in the Soft Sarf had to put up with Storm Katie!

Been pretty much gorgeous (but chilly at times) for about a month, I've not had waterproofs on while golfing or photographing football for a while - and both courses are firm and getting faster

D

Deleted Member 1156

Looking at the live scoring at Saunton, it's carnage!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gorgeous in Perthshire too. Hitting off turf fairways for the first time this year and full greens. Wandering round in shirtsleeves with the sun on our backs, couldn't get better.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fearsome weather overnight and this morning. Still gusty and glad I didn't play today. Add in the deluge overnight and the fact we already had standing water on Sunday, and it can't have been great. Carrying only tells its own story

robemosc

Club Champion
Visit site
Decided to have myself a little outing on sunday afternoon! Weather was great up here! Nice an dry, Little breezy bur thought id get round in good time!
Hit the 6th and then all hell broke loose! Ive never known rain like it... Was coming side ways! First time I've turned back and called it a day!

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
We got incredibly lucky at Saunton today. It was generally a one club wind, occasionally gusting to two clubs.
We had about 20 mins of rain as we were starting our round on the West, at which time John was sitting in the bar having lunch!

I was hoping for reductions only but looking st the scores I don't think I am going to be that lucky :( Winning score is 2 under gross for 36 holes.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I was meant to be playing again tomorrow but now am booked to photograph two football matches - one in Edinburgh at lunchtime and then Scotland v Denmark at Hampden - 40% chance of rain there - waterproofs will be on for first time in ages

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Managed 12 holes on Sunday morning before abandoning things when a howling gale and hail stones made the decision easy. I'm no fair weather golfer, but sometimes you just have to call it a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!