Ball Position

Hoganman1

Visit site
I've developed the bad habit of standing too far from the ball during my swing. Most of my misses are toe hits. It's funny but whenever I watch Jim Furyk play, my ball striking improves until I lapse back.
Does anyone have a tip that can help this old man remember to stand closer to the ball? I guess I could tatoo a photo of Jim below my right thumb, but I'm hoping I don't have to resort to that.

popeye

Hacker
Visit site
I had this and the only thing that I can suggest is to just to say to your self "stand up straight" when at address-no doubt armchair critics will pounce on me for this but I can only suggest what works for me out on the course.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If I have a swing thought I want to do in my PSR i put a reminder on my glove visable at address with a sharpie .
At the moment it’s T for tempo.

May I suggest BP ball position.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why do you believe you are standing to far away from the ball?

It's difficult to comprehend that you knowingly set up that way, and are then asking for advice on how to avoid it.

Which comes back to a symptom (of hitting out of the toe of the club) which can have a number of causes - of which standing to far away at address is one of the least likely in my experience.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hitting off the toe can come from swinging too much from the inside, as just one possible thought.

If you do it regularly, set the head with the ball closer to the heel is a simple remedy.

Hoganman1

Visit site
Hitting off the toe can come from swinging too much from the inside, as just one possible thought.

If you do it regularly, set the head with the ball closer to the heel is a simple remedy.

Thanks. I'm going to give that a try. I saw a video lesson online and apparently Fuzzy Zoeller did that his whole career. It must work because he won two majors with that technique.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Having inhabited "Sanksville" this week I hit the range tonight. Back to basics checking posture and distance from the ball. Didn't seem too and worried when the first few were horrors. Decided to be rigid on set up and ensure alignment, takeway etc were solid. Managed to find the middle again and some good turns ensured a solid strike. Not counting my chickens yet ahead of the comp on Saturday