Ball moved from the tee but not with a club

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't mean to suggest that the teeing ground is generally not relevant after your opening stroke... :eek:

I realise that. My response could (should?) have been a lot longer to explain that "in this instance - after opening stroke - not lost - not OOB - still in play - blah blah - then the fact of it being the tee is not especially relevant". Problem with these rules queries is that unless one is very precise then people misunderstand or misinterpret. Just like the rules themselves - and some folk say the rules need to be shorter and less wordy? Methinks they are as they are because they have to be.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
The straightforward approach to rules queries is just to state what the ruling is and give a reference to the relevant rule/decision.

It gets more complicated when you start, as I was doing above, to analyse and rationalise, to want to know why, not just what.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
The straightforward approach to rules queries is just to state what the ruling is and give a reference to the relevant rule/decision.

It gets more complicated when you start, as I was doing above, to analyse and rationalise, to want to know why, not just what.

Backwoodsman, the "you" in that was just a generalised one! Mainly meaning me.:)

Last edited: