Ball going off right ?

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Going thru a swing change as the pro who's teaching me said no more lessons till I get a certain thing right, anyway, off the tee with driver, the ball is going right a fair way before it draws back, not a problem on some holes, but others its in the trees, old swing fairly nice draw but short,

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
What is it that the Pro wants you to get right first? Is it body related - like getting left hip 'out of the way' - or 'purely swing related' - like dropping too far on the inside.

Without knowing that sort of thing, there's little point suggesting anything as it's quite likely to compound or to add a compensating fault to mask whatever he is trying to get you to eliminate!

Last edited:

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Going thru a swing change as the pro who's teaching me said no more lessons till I get a certain thing right, anyway, off the tee with driver, the ball is going right a fair way before it draws back, not a problem on some holes, but others its in the trees, old swing fairly nice draw but short,

That's not a problem, that's a gift!

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What is it that the Pro wants you to get right first? Is it body related - like getting left hip 'out of the way' - or 'purely swing related' - like dropping too far on the inside.

Without knowing that sort of thing, there's little point suggesting anything as it's quite likely to compound or to add a compensating fault to mask whatever he is trying to get you to eliminate!
It's basically, to get the same feeling as hitting the ball with the right leg behind the left, for a right hander

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
sounds like part of the issue could well be how the hips work from transition (how they work going back could play into the issue if there's even a small lateral sway off of the ball)

has EE been mentioned anytime by a teacher

doing some of the following should help some in not getting stuck so throwing the arms/handsclub out at the ball - pronounced in to out & turning face angle closed

[video=youtube;lYzdqqpZzAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYzdqqpZzAY[/video]