Ball flight too low

Visit site
I recently had a fitting and it became immediately obvious that my ball flight was consistently lower than ideal, regardless of shaft choice. Any ideas of why my ball flight is too low, read about staying behind the ball more. But any suggestions will be appreciated.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You need to know is it because you have too low a launch angle or not enough speed to create spin.
Do you feel you de-loft your club face at impact?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It may be the way you deloft the clubface. Without seeing your swing it's difficult to know but I would imagine you have your hands well ahead of the ball at impact.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Any ideas of why my ball flight is too low, read about staying behind the ball more.

Is the right answer.

You need to create a secondary spine tilt AWAY fromthe target at impact (rather like spawn said above but at impact not at address).

Your hips/pelvis needs to be going more towards the target whilst your head remains behind the ball, so you are effectively introducing a tilt... but you have to go left with your weight, if you don't you are reverse pivoting. An effective thought is to think about your left hip and your left shoulder moving in different directions.. your hip is going towards the target whilst your left shoulder is moving behing you and AWAY from the target... there's a seperation happening. Your whole pelvis and torso should be moving up and over a nice straight left leg whilst your head remains back

Here's a pic... (click to enlarge), yellow line is the goal here.....

sec-tilt1.jpg

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely delofting the clubface will create a lower ball flight.and more distance,not less.
My other question would be ,why didnt you ask the fitter?
Maybe he could have helped

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Surely delofting the clubface will create a lower ball flight.and more distance,not less.
My other question would be ,why didnt you ask the fitter?
Maybe he could have helped

Not if the ball does not have enough spin and not if the strike is not clean.