Bag chatter.... Have you eliminated it?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Get a different caddy. Any good one will know how to carry a bag and should never let your clubs chatter. Have a word with the caddy master.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Just to clarify:

1.Bag chatter has never bothered me, don't even notice it.

2. I cover my woods because they chip & scratch easily & stay reasonably tidy because the painted buts don't come into contact with the ball or turf.

3. I cover my putter because it is beautifully engineered & stays pristine because it is only used to putt with.

3. I have used irons for 60 years. They have never rusted, chrome plated or not. They may have picked up a few marks from banging together but only ever superficial. Nothing compared with the bashing the soles & faces get from multiple violent blows in all kinds of terrain, sand, stones, gravel etc. I've heard that using covers can trap moisture & lead to rusting, maybe that's why mine never rust. Then again, I know there are people who wipe down their clubs after every round. I've never done that either, life's too short.

Just never seen the need for iron covers. It seems to be a young golfer thing &, as has been said above, I am a ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you do decide to get some, please tie them together. Every pro shop in the country has a box under the counter full of lost head covers.

A friend of mine had a set but he kept them on the wrong heads to confuse match play opponents at par 3s when he had the honour.
I'm not suggesting anyone should do this it but is a handy way to tell an opponent you're hitting a 7 when you're actually hitting a 5 :whistle:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I always carried until a few years ago…the ‘clacking’ of the irons and how I ‘held’ my clubs with my right hand and with right forearm resting on them as I walked I so miss. They were part of my golf…made me feel ‘close’ to my clubs. Yes I know that will sound weird…but it just did (nb…@fundy understands)

Last edited:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
If you do decide to get some, please tie them together. Every pro shop in the country has a box under the counter full of lost head covers.

A friend of mine had a set but he kept them on the wrong heads to confuse match play opponents at par 3s when he had the honour.
I'm not suggesting anyone should do this it but is a handy way to tell an opponent you're hitting a 7 when you're actually hitting a 5 :whistle:
Hey! I used to do that sometimes in first team matches. Way back in the early 90s, I thought my brand new Ram Laser Fx forged irons needed my first headcovers. I used to swap 3&4, 5&6 and 7&8. The 1&2 irons did not have headcovers, of course. The suggestion to do this was given to me and I found it amusing, obviously.