Bad Prizes

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
£10, £15 or £20 vouchers posted out to you that are only redeemable at their own club pro shop. Involving a 50 mile round trip, not worth the trip.:mad:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I was at a club yesterday, Close House, buying a voucher for someone as a present. They had a sale on in their pro shop for GG sleeveless jumpers, £25. I would like one, it looked great but it had their name on it. I like the place, a lot as it happens, but it is not my club and it just didn't seem right to buy and wear it. Daft really.

Our place was selling off its GG stock. £25 for a branded polo that went on the shelves originally for £80. I bought the last two 😁.
suppose it's easy buying your own clubs bits and bobs, but they got rid of GG coz it was expensive and not selling. Not my words what I was told. Only to be replaced by Calvin Klein. Now I have not seen much differance on price, so whys that gonna sell.
Always cash prizes at the do I arrange.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just found out that in playing the event I qualified for the final, which will cost another 1,000pln (£200+) to enter, there was a 400pln (I think, might even have been 500) entrance to fee for the first round, another amazing prize - Congratulations on qualifying to give us some more money!

I've never known an event (in the UK at least) where the fee for the final wasn't included in the original price, think I'll be swerving the final

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Just found out that in playing the event I qualified for the final, which will cost another 1,000pln (£200+) to enter, there was a 400pln (I think, might even have been 500) entrance to fee for the first round, another amazing prize - Congratulations on qualifying to give us some more money!

I've never known an event (in the UK at least) where the fee for the final wasn't included in the original price, think I'll be swerving the final

Yup, I'm in a similar situation. I qualified for the German final for the WAGC tour in April. Entry was 20 € or so for the qualifier (at my home course, so no green fee involved, and no food or other extras except a banana) and the prices were crappy glass "trophys" which were acutally just the cheapest lemonade glasses you can buy at Ikea with an ugly printed sticker on it. So I assumed the real price would be the entry fee for the final. But no, they want another 90 € for that. That's quite hefty. I mean, it would not be too bad a price for a comp at an away course, including green fee (also for an additional practice round if you want, a day before the comp) and dinner afterwards. But it bugs me that they did not say that before. It is a huge tournament series with literally thousands of golfers entering the qualifying stage with 20 € each. Basically, it is a money making machine for the organizers.

I waived my right to play the final and will enter the netto county championship held at my course on the same day instead.