Back Garden Putting Green

oo7ml

Visit site
Hi,

I’m currently looking at putting a small putting green in my back garden.

Has anyone here built / added one?

I’m sure going down the artificial route would be more maintainable... however do any of the artificial greens simulate the feel and pace of a real green?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I can see the benefits although HID would have other ideas and as a brilliant gardener it would never be fair. I know people like Huxley install them and I have used them. I am sure from memory others in here have done it and so they can come on and tell you more about it. For me I'll stick to my Puttout mat

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The building of it is one thing, the maintenance of a real one really has to be a major consideration.

The right type of mower and a willingness to cut it everyday in the summer and most days in winter.. Just think of all the things the average green keeper does and remember you will have to do the same eg hollow tining and sanding.

My indoor putting mat is pretty much as good as a green so I would be pretty sure that there must be outside artificial surfaces that must come up to the grade.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Contemplated an Astro based one like mark crossfield has, but truth be told I’d never use it. Plus not having one gives me a reason to get out the house and up to the club.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mates got one it’s brilliant .
Just give it a brush once a week.
It’s quite fast , and he has a small chipping mat to play to the green.
Just be careful where you site it so not chipping back towards the patio doors.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I played with a guy who had turned the majority of his garden into a putting & chipping green, it looked awesome!