ayrshire and surrounding areas golfing holiday

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
got back late saturday played some great courses ,most courses greens were abit behind they said were they should be ,and most places quite slow, this is how we rated them

1st irvine bogside, best greens we played on all week,tight gorse lined,met liverbird and big slice in the pub afterwards,i got a case of the snap hooks and lost a load of balls here,17th hole great par 4, no par 5s 2par 3s great mixture of long and short par 4s, would be 1st on the list next year

2nd dundonald ,played it last year ,and didnt dissapoint again, scotish seniors open there in a few weeks, course was empty 3rd a great par5 as is 12th par 3,must play if up there

3rd prestwick st nick , very nice again and abit more forgiving than irvine, 16th a great par4,and the last par 3 along side clubhouse and car park would make even monty get a snap hook,

4th lanark , another very nice moorland course great mixture of holes ,just wish the greens had been abit faster,greenkeeper said its been really wet only just drying out , would defo play again, stand out holes for me were 2nd, 14th 15th

5th ranfurly castle ,played in there open £12 bargin ,1st 2 holes abit cardic hill but flattens out after that, we all enjoyed it , i thought 8,9,10 ,11,12 really nice holes, dont no if i would fancy playing it on a windy day bit exposed, very friendly captain and members who did there upmost to make us feel welcome

6th dumfries and galloway ,nice track bit cramped in parts ,

7th bellisle dont get all the hype on this place ,nice couple of finishing holes but apart from that didnt float our boat ,greens were very poor,

to finish we played brancepth castle near durham, wow what a course, you will not play any better par 3s than whats on this course across abig valley to a green perched into the hillside 190yrds away, 3 of em like this

great week and great weather, who said it always rains in scotland

T

thecraw

Raining here as well Chris, scuppered my plans of 12 holes tonight.

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
machrihanish in march no rain hardly

week in dornoch end of april saw about 20 mins all week

week in ayr end of may not a drop ,

i must bring it up with me and take it back down with me