Asking about clubs used

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know you can't ask another player on the tee what club they used, but a few weeks ago I was playing in a comp with a guy I know quite well who plays off 4. We were on a par 5, I had played my second shot and walked up with the other guy chatting as we went. He played his second with a long iron and found the green in two. I said 'great shot mate, was that a 4 iron?' without even thinking about it, which he confirmed, thanked me and we carried on with our round. It only occurred to me afterwards that I may have broken a rule by asking him which club he had used, or does it only apply on the tee when you both have the same distance to go?

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
No problem with that, Sainthacker. For your question to be seeking advice as it is defined, it would have to about something that would help you decide how to play, choose a club or play a stroke. None of these is applies to the question you asked in the context you asked it in.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
No problem with that, Sainthacker. For your question to be seeking advice as it is defined, it would have to about something that would help you decide how to play, choose a club or play a stroke. None of these is applies to the question you asked in the context you asked it in.

What if it was the front nine of a nine hole course and the hole would be played again later?