Ask Me Anything suggestions?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Who would people like to have for another AMA couple of days, most likely early September when holidays over etc?

Tour pros might be pushing it but sure some club fitters, teaching pros, putting experts would be up for it… any suggestions welcome as think they’re good fun and everyone gets involved. Cheers

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Paul Ashwell - Master PGA professional. Probably the best coach accessible to any club player.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
How about the marketing department of a major brand so i can ask why now it's 2021 I'm not hitting the ball 600 yards yet with the latest models? I must have a dud because each year more yardage is promised!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
How about the marketing department of a major brand so i can ask why now it's 2021 I'm not hitting the ball 600 yards yet with the latest models? I must have a dud because each year more yardage is promised!

Don't forget straighter.
I want to ask Titleist why they keep making their golf balls go further and straighter.
If they go that straight, we'd never lose any.
Not good for sales.
Unless of course they are telling porkies.....:eek:

NearHull

Visit site
Would love to hear from a top caddie who has been on the tour with various professionals
I hear Billy Foster is an interesting teller of tales.

I meant that as a compliment, he is reputed to be a good after dinner speaker.

Last edited:

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Might be quite interesting to hear the ins and outs of what it is like to be a club pro. What works commercially, what doesn't, how do they build a business, do they have to subsidise certain activities, what do they wish members would/wouldn't do, and can I borrow an umbrella for my round please as I bought a glove from you six years ago and did anyone hand in a tee peg - it was white and I think I left it on 14. All of that kind of thing.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
My preference.

1. Shaft industry
2. Manufacturing industry
3. Holiday (golf breaks etc)
4. Someone from teaching industry

Maybe Media too, why not have ask MarkT anything?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Top greenkeeper and one from a muni.
Just to hear how they deal with similar problems.
To educate us about divots, pitchmarks and necessary works ,when and why.

A time and motion expert to clear up why it takes 4.30 hrs to play a comp at my course.
When the very same three ball take 3.30 hrs during the week.

D

Deleted member 29109

Top greenkeeper and one from a muni.
Just to hear how they deal with similar problems.
To educate us about divots, pitchmarks and necessary works ,when and why.

A time and motion expert to clear up why it takes 4.30 hrs to play a comp at my course.
When the very same three ball take 3.30 hrs during the week.

Funny you mentioned time and motion.

I said to my FiL I'd love to do a time and motion study on the group we were following on Friday.

They all looked like experienced golfers. But two of them behaved like complete beginners. One was so bad it was almost like he was doing it on purpose.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Funny you mentioned time and motion.

I said to my FiL I'd love to do a time and motion study on the group we were following on Friday.

They all looked like experienced golfers. But two of them behaved like complete beginners. One was so bad it was almost like he was doing it on purpose.
Yes we had T&M in work to show loss of time on the job.
I do think some eyes would be opened by a breakdown of individual golfers .
Might put the Flag in/out debate to bed as well.

D

Deleted member 29109

Someone who understands stats. Who could explain how they relate to, and can be beneficial to average golfers.