Are you Superstraight?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I don't really know what this thread is specifically about but despite the tropical storm I just went to the beach club for lunch and a dozen women in bikinis jumped into the pool.... I had a nice lunch ??

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

What a load of absolute bollocks, someone is surely having a laugh.
It's all mind numbing crap .................... all of it.
Why does everyone have to have a bloody label?
I am both who I am and what I am, if you can't accept it, jog on and don't look back.
Oh, and don't start all that 'Monday is International Womens' Day' nonsense either.
The world's gone absolutely mad ......................... we'll be naming storms soon!!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't really know what this thread is specifically about but despite the tropical storm I just went to the beach club for lunch and a dozen women in bikinis jumped into the pool.... I had a nice lunch ??

Photographic evidence may be required.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I smile at this sort of thing as it strikes me that when someone claims or declares themselves to be absolutely 100% X or totally Y, when in such things there is an understood spectrum, they might make such strident exclamations as they suspect or indeed know that they are not quite what they’d like others to believe of them. There may be a few at the extremes but most folks will be somewhere on the spectrum.

As far as the poll is concerned I’m not quite sure that the question isn’t actually a bit ambiguous...somewhere on the spectrum of unambiguity ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

If a bit of wee or something similar came out then you're superstraight ?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
People can choose what they want, just no need to shout about it.

Makes no difference to my opinion of someone, can like who they like.

In an ideal world no one would need to announce their sexuality on Twitter etc as it wouldn’t change anything.

Sadly the none ideal world is very close to the ideal one, where people are scared to mention it, that is what makes this all so difficult!

As for me I ended up with a female, had a kid etc. I don’t think that has anything to do with how I view myself, not attracted to anyone else... Who knows what else might have happend? I certainly don’t know so really can’t label myself or even see a need to at all.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hadn't heard of this before reading this thread. Having read what it means, I think it's quite sad that somebody felt it was necessary to define themselves in this way. Personally I think it's weird that anyone wants to define themselves in rigid little boxes. I know that I am straight, I have a wife who I love. If I was single I'd still say I was straight, but if I met someone who was transgender and I liked them, why would I kill that stone dead by defining myself as 'superstraight'. Why not be open to meeting someone and taking them at face value as someone you want to spend time with? It's no wonder there are a lot of unhappy people in this world.

By saying you're straight, you're saying you're generally attracted to the opposite sex, which is fine. By saying you're 'superstraight', to me that says "I'm attracted to the opposite sex, and also I find transgender people repulsive enough to rule them out with a blanket statement". Why not just remain 'straight' and keep the rest to yourself? As I say, I think it's sad and there's no need for it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What a load of absolute bollocks, someone is surely having a laugh.
It's all mind numbing crap .................... all of it.
Why does everyone have to have a bloody label?
I am both who I am and what I am, if you can't accept it, jog on and don't look back.
Oh, and don't start all that 'Monday is International Womens' Day' nonsense either.
The world's gone absolutely mad ......................... we'll be naming storms soon!!
Exactly this. We don't all need to be defined into little boxes of what we do and don't like. People come up with this stuff out of fear - fear of things they don't understand.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I hadn't heard of this before reading this thread. Having read what it means, I think it's quite sad that somebody felt it was necessary to define themselves in this way. Personally I think it's weird that anyone wants to define themselves in rigid little boxes. I know that I am straight, I have a wife who I love. If I was single I'd still say I was straight, but if I met someone who was transgender and I liked them, why would I kill that stone dead by defining myself as 'superstraight'. Why not be open to meeting someone and taking them at face value as someone you want to spend time with? It's no wonder there are a lot of unhappy people in this world.

By saying you're straight, you're saying you're generally attracted to the opposite sex, which is fine. By saying you're 'superstraight', to me that says "I'm attracted to the opposite sex, and also I find transgender people repulsive enough to rule them out with a blanket statement". Why not just remain 'straight' and keep the rest to yourself? As I say, I think it's sad and there's no need for it.
Oh April...

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have to share a story that always makes me laugh. Years ago whilst working Gay Pride in London with a mate from deepest darkest wales whom joined to work the big city - lets say not used to diversity at all! Looking very uncomfortable whilst the march went on and in uniform (Which is a magnet for members of the public at most large events) a member of the march comes up and is playfully flirting and my mate sternly says to the man "I'm straight" without a blink the guy in a Jean Paul Gautier style sailor outfit immediately responds, "So is spaghetti until it's wet!" My mate was gobsmacked and I was laughing my arse off! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: