Are you happy with the way you are playing?

Wooky

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have really been enjoying my golf this year.
My game has really come on in the last few months.
I am much more confidant & accurate from 150 yards in & my putting is so much better.
I still have work to do though.
My bunker play is very poor.
My biggest problem though is getting off the tee, my bad shot is, strong fade, not quite a slice, but very close to it.
It is really annoying & seems to come from nowhere, I can be ticking along quite nicely & then all of a sudden I will hit one to the right off the tee into trouble.
I have resorted to hitting a hybrid off the tee on danger holes to lessen the problem, the only way I seem to be able to hit consistent straight shots with the driver is if I move the ball back in my stance, the problem with that is it robs me of power & distance.
If I could just iron out this one problem, I am confidant that I could get down to my handicap target for the season.
Maybe a lesson may help?

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ecstatic, although I am going to see my pro tonight for a checkup.

Trying to fix things yourself is rarely the answer in my experience and I have now taken the attitude that when ever I see something I don't like start to creep in to my game over the course of a few rounds, I go and see my pro. Much better to fix it properly than make more problems.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
no, not really!

though i have my days, i feel i've gone backwards this year.

A soft draw has turned into a slinging hook, thank s to lessons. I started them to gain some lagg, which i have achived, but no control at all now.

For instance 9th at Royal Dornoch yesterday, aimed at the right edge of the green the ball landed there, but the ball had so much action on it, it rolled off the back left and ended up 20 yrds away, with a 9 iron from 145 yards. No wind at all.

i now find myself aiming further and futher right to allow for it.. Though i did manage one straight shot to Birdie SI1 Foxy the 444 yard par 4, with driver and 8 iron. i don't think i've ever made that green i two before and drove the 15th 298 yard par 4, but 3 putted to take the gloss off that though:(

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
no, not really!

though i have my days, i feel i've gone backwards this year.

Yep this for me to... Hence the footnote on my sig!..

Having days where the ball striking is decent and short game iffy, then ball striking is worse than crap and short game is saving me. Theres a good round in there somewhere just havent found it yet, this years been very much a year of just drifting by with no results.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Patches of ok stuff, but leak too many silly shots and can't stop the bleeding. Could well be a shot higher in a couple of weeks :(

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Frustratingly I seem to have hit a good run of form early in the year, scoring 75/76's pretty regularly but didn't have many qualifiers. Have had to play a lot of team matches and although I've enjoyed them and won the majority, really wanted to get down to a solid 7, rather than hovering around the 7.5 mark.

Haven't got a qualifier for a good few weeks so not much chance of getting down soon either. However, I am playing well again and hope that when I finally do get a card in my hand again, all this competitive golf will have paid off!

On the plus side, nice weekend away starting tomorrow. Playing Remedy Oak and then Isle of Purbeck on Saturday. If nothing else, my enjoyment of the game is still there :)

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes I am happy, came down afew shots and believe there's cut to get me to my target of 12

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My putting and iron play is great at the moment. Chipping and driving is where i losing shots the now. I think i may have found whats wrong with the driving but haven't been able to get out and see if its working.

Got a lesson on Saturday just to see how things are going with the swing changes. I'm certainly hitting the ball more consistently which is good, i just need to string it all together for a round.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep this for me to... Hence the footnote on my sig!..

Having days where the ball striking is decent and short game iffy, then ball striking is worse than crap and short game is saving me. Theres a good round in there somewhere just havent found it yet, this years been very much a year of just drifting by with no results.

And I thought it was only me drifting and if anything going backwards :( Going to get holiday out of the way and head for some lessons after threatening sub 80 at my current course in a comp I'm now struggling to break 90 and in danger of getting my second shot back this year.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep. I go out, hit the ball with some good shots some bad, have a good time with my playing partners and see what I can shoot. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad but it's always enjoyable.

Keyser Soze

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got to a point where i was really happy with my game, maybe i was playing better than i should have been for a while as these last 2 months its turned to pot and everything is a disappointment !!

Matty

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm pretty pleased. I'm seeing some improvements from all the practice but can still see places where I need to work.

I've got a voucher for a lesson but can't decide what I should as the pro to look at!

ainley87simon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am pretty happy with game at the moment, I would be more than happy with my game if I could get rid of a my slicy longer irons (I have fade but the longer the club the further the fade). However I have been working hard on my 100 yards to hole game, and that has improved now end in the last 8 weeks.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hope to be! Haven't played a lot of holes at all but have booked a couple of days just before the kids break up to get 36/54 holes in.

anything from 160 and at the mo, I'm confident I'll hit the green but as I ain't played many holes the driver hasn't been used so I'll definitely have a different view in the next 10 days once I hit a 'big boys' course :D.

golf aside the walk over the course is spot on for me, no pc's, mobiles and false light. The clubs put the finishing touches on it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Still at the "moments od sublime inspiration surrounded by hours of barely adequate rubbish" phase. Have been all year.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
No far from it.

My game off the tee is horrendous, but irons and short game manage to get me round to my handicap more often than not.

I know its a blip but still frustrating, time will sort it out.