Are you happy with the way you are playing?

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
really enjoying playing twice a week for the first time in 10 years.

Striking the ball much better.

Straightened up my drive to be my got to club every time off the tee. Only averaging 200-220 but 80% down the middle.

Fairway woods going well. Long irons need some work.

Much more confident with shorter irons.

Chipping and putting is either or. If they come together I will break 90 and have a couple of cuts..

I want to be playing 18HC regular this year..

Bring on Saturday:lol:

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Happy overall, having dropped three strokes, but I'm fairly inconsistent. I'm either well under h/c or miles outside buffer. And there are still things I could improve.

My short game is getting better but still lets me down
I keep doing stupid things (hitting driver OOB after making birdie, for example)
And I'm struggling with my mid- and long-irons at the moment

If I could get a bit more consistency, I'd be a bit happier, but if you'd offered me single figures at the start of the year, I'd have bitten your hand off.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Although my hcp is going up I feel like I'm playing much better. Putting and chipping are really good at the moment it's getting there that's the problem! I tend to start well then blow up about 5 holes in! Have a wobble then play well again. Think mines a mental block, the brain relaxes thinking all is well and old habits creep in and take a few holes to iron out again. By then the damage is done.

drs1878

Head Pro
Visit site
Feel as though I am making progress but scores not really showin........ One day I'll go out and drive sweet as you like but short game is poor... Next day can't hit driver for toffee but scramble ok......

Feel as though I am hitting irons nicely just not hitting GIR !!

Don't play enough comps to see due to work and family but names in the hat for medal on sat.... Any sort of cut would b nice as I ave never had one..... Although was in buffer zone last comp... 1st comp without +1 :eek:oo:

Mr A

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had a great start to the year, coming down to 20 from 25. But hit a bit of a rut over the last couple of months. Had my first lesson on Saturday and although it is early days I am very confident I will be heading back in the right direction now.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am loving golf this year, the ups and downs are fantastic to look back on.

To think how bad things got to and how much I improved, both in the short term and over the year, going on to shoot my first round of under 10 over.