Are my Wilson Fatshafts heavy?

benjamin

Club Champion
Visit site
I have Wilson Deep red 3-PW with steel fatshafts and at the time of buying them i bought the SW with a graphite fatshaft as that was all the shop had in.

I always hit my SW far far better and with more feel than my steelshafted irons, i appreciate it is supposedly easier to hit a lesser lofted club but the swing feels so much easier and controllable with my SW and i can play much more accurate half or 3/4 shots with it than any other club...could it be due to it being lighter or is it possibly because its graphite?

I have a nagging doubt that i would play better if i bought clubs with graphite shafts or perhaps the Wilson fatshafts are heavier than say dynaminc gold...

Anyone got any clues please? :D

A

Alex1975

I used to use Wilson Fatshafts, I loved them and kinda miss them as I had them a long time.

They are heavier than your graphite but not heavier than A N other set of irons.

This is a little of a generalization but graphite shafts in irons are really for the young, old, ladies and the weak be that with injury or whatever.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I now use carbon shafts. Mainly as I have quite a slow swing. Due to 2 duff discs in my neck and a shoulder injury. It helps me get a better hand release, so giving me a higher club head speed.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hit graphite more sweetly than steel. No surprise, as I'm a slow swinger. I also prefer longer shafted irons as well, in fact I especially like short irons a little longer ('cause I'm tall-ish?).

Trouble is, I find them like swinging bits of metal on the end of spaghetti strings at times.