April could be a long month.. (swing vid)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes your back is straight but to me you're too bent over at the hips. Try standing taller so your hands are nearer to you, it will look less like Keegan Bradley then :LOL:
I'm no expert btw so take my advice with a pinch of salt :p
Might be because I had to use the wide angle lens. :LOL:

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Posture is probably the only thing I have worked on. If it's still no good then I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what you mean. My back looks pretty straight, and I have to focus on my hips not moving towards the ball or I'll shank it.

@Curls I've had the short backswing for years, and if I swing any further back I lose the club head completely and it's 50-50 if I even hit the ball. In terms of it being "all arms" though, it used to be even worse than that and I did start turning my hips more a while back. Although maybe I've forgotten that again.

@inc0gnito I do like the Zen approach but that doesn't mean I'm about to make myself a wooden seesaw to muck about with. ? While I like the ideas Marcus is teaching I think they're difficult to execute by yourself without guidance. I try not to make big changes from a YouTube video, just small ideas.

Thanks all.

Dude I honestly think it’s the opposite. It’s really frickin easy to follow. A lesson would get the subtleties but there’s Not one position you have to think about. Don’t have to think about posture, takeaway, backswing or downswing. All’s I’ve thought about is the feeling of using the ground, right then left (the seesaw gives you the feels). Again though, it may be a different story when I get to the course again!!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I tried that for 3 years. Didn’t work! ?

It does though.

Throw a ball 6ft, you use your arm.
Throw it 20 ft, you pivot a bit, and chuck it harder.
Throw it 20 yards, you load your right side, pivot more, longer take back, and power through.

Put a golf club in your hand, and it becomes so complicated. Why? Does it need to be? No. Just let your body crack on with it, and get out of the way with thinking. It's really not necessary. Just let go.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It does though.

Throw it 20 yards, you load your right side, pivot more, longer take back, and power through.

Put a golf club in your hand, and it becomes so complicated. Why? Does it need to be? No. Just let your body crack on with it, and get out of the way with thinking. It's really not necessary. Just let go.
Funnily enough this is exactly what the Zen golf guys say that @inc0gnito was talking about. ?

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It does though.

Yeah but that’s not what people do. There’s something about sticking a golf club in your hand that screws that all up. The funny thing is is that’s what Marcus is trying to do. Get people back to their natural swing like how you’d throw anything. He uses throwing the ball analogy a lot too.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yeah but that’s not what people do. There’s something about sticking a golf club in your hand that screws that all up. The funny thing is is that’s what Marcus is trying to do. Get people back to their natural swing like how you’d throw anything. He uses throwing the ball analogy a lot too.

But it only screws it up because people start thinking about it. Don't think, empty your head of junk, and just whack it. No one teaches anyone to use a hammer, or an axe, just crack on, and find what works. You can throw a ball, it is no different.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
But it only screws it up because people start thinking about it. Don't think, empty your head of junk, and just whack it. No one teaches anyone to use a hammer, or an axe, just crack on, and find what works. You can throw a ball, it is no different.

That’s great if that works for you. But most people it doesn’t. It makes sense, and it’s kinda the way it should be. But for whatever reason the brain really struggles to do that. I’ve tried to do it loads of times and can never just make it happen.

D

Deleted member 21258

Like the drop down on transition and smooth change of direction. Have you check out your path/lie numbers ?

Far to much lean over for my back to take and control in your swing. Not enough fast free flowing motion. Do some speed training to free it up, long and fast swings, you could end up with a big overswing like my swing:poop::cautious::LOL:

Maybe March will be your month;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like the drop down on transition and smooth change of direction. Have you check out your path/lie numbers ?

Far to much lean over for my back to take and control in your swing. Not enough fast free flowing motion. Do some speed training to free it up, long and fast swings, you could end up with a big overswing like my swing:poop::cautious::LOL:

Maybe March will be your month;)
I did a gapping session over a year ago that probably had such numbers, but the only thing I remember was that I hit everything fat. ?

My swing may have tensed up over the last couple of years, but also it might be worse in this video as I hadn't swung a club for 3 months. I'll see what I'm working with next week. ??