April could be a long month.. (swing vid)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I know you say you have cut the grass, and first cut of the year and all that, but for swinging off a mat, that looks really unstable. You really do need a much tighter cut. It won't help your back swinging off such an unstable platform.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know you say you have cut the grass, and first cut of the year and all that, but for swinging off a mat, that looks really unstable. You really do need a much tighter cut. It won't help your back swinging off such an unstable platform.
I don't plan to do it very often to be honest. But yeah our lawn is pretty crap ha.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
[/QUOTE]

No just not used to using it for the last three months. ?[/QUOTE]

May I suggest you try some mobility exercises and get that range of motion increased.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is good advice for everyone imo, as is pretty much everything this man says. I’m looking forward to watching the whole series again before picking up a club. I’ve seen a change of two of like to instigate.

But I digress.

Your posture/set up starts you on a path. The backswing is a reaction to that. And the follow through is so stunted that it makes me think you are sacrificing all your power for control, a Tommy Fleetwood “hold off” in the follow through. You “steer” your shots on the course. How do I know? I used to do this.

The whole thing is good but from ~5 minutes in he explains something so fundamental and simple it is obvious that it’s true. The follow through is the expression of everything that’s come before it. If you’re not turning through the chances you’ve turned back are near zero. Let it flow ?

Harrington

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
This will only shatter your illusions rather than windows but I was using foam balls. ?
Back in the early 80s while on a caravan holiday in Scarborough I did much the same.(y)
Keen as mustard, as soon as I'd set everything up, out I went to practice my driving skills :love:.
I teed up using a realistic looking plastic practice ball, aiming towards the facing caravan's window :eek:.
I just wish I had a picture of the guy's face who was watching me drive at full pelt towards his window.:ROFLMAO:
If only he knew me now, he wouldn't have worried so much :cry:

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Your swing is all arms. Lower body is doing nothing.

I know you posted in the Zen golf thread but have no idea if you like his philosophy but I think you’d benefit shiploads by making yourself a pivot board.

I’ll put a disclaimer up as I quit golf cuz my game was soooo bad it was depressing me. Watching Marcus, making my own board and swivel things, I can now feel exactly what I’ve been missing all these years and I’m looking forward to getting out again when I’m physically well. My swing feels and looks so much better when hitting little foam balls in the garden. And what I see in your swing looks like the perfect candidate for Marcus’ approach (ie your swing is entirely generated by arms instead of initiated by the ground). Now I put the disclaimer in cuz I haven’t been out on the course and really put everything into play, but maybe you can check it out and see if it gels with you.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you may have overdone some corrections and it doesnt look comfortable.
Practicing that swing won't do you much good I'm afraid.
If you can improve your set up/posture, that will be a big help.
Still love the transition though which is very important (y)
Posture is probably the only thing I have worked on. If it's still no good then I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what you mean. My back looks pretty straight, and I have to focus on my hips not moving towards the ball or I'll shank it.

@Curls I've had the short backswing for years, and if I swing any further back I lose the club head completely and it's 50-50 if I even hit the ball. In terms of it being "all arms" though, it used to be even worse than that and I did start turning my hips more a while back. Although maybe I've forgotten that again.

@inc0gnito I do like the Zen approach but that doesn't mean I'm about to make myself a wooden seesaw to muck about with. ? While I like the ideas Marcus is teaching I think they're difficult to execute by yourself without guidance. I try not to make big changes from a YouTube video, just small ideas.

Thanks all.