Apps

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So what are everyones favourite phone apps at the moment? I used Vpar last time I played but its been a bit of a while so is there anything newer/better available?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve tried a few but still hole19 for me. I just use the free version and it’s absolutely fine, works with the Apple Watch as well. I think it’s quite cheap for the paid version if you want the full view of everything on each hole.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
There's probably not much difference between the popular apps but Hole19 does everything I need - however I tend to use it only when I'm playing away from my home club. Seeing the hole from above is great, measuring distances to hazards etc. is useful, it records my scores too which is handy. The basic version is free or it's about £3/month for all the extra bells and whistles. TBH, the free version does me just fine.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've always been a Hole19 man. I tried a lot of the GPS ones a few years ago and Hole19 was the most consistent in terms of speed an accuracy. You can also record your score, number of putts, fairways hit and missed, so it's pretty good all round. And that's all on the free version still. Been using it for nigh on three years now.

Mugs

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Golfshot, bought it several years ago and it has everything I need, GPS, Scoring, Shot tracking, lots of stats And filtering

bradleywedge

Visit site
I've had Golfshot for years, just use it to record my scorecard on the way round, use the watch for yardages, went through the Garmin phase but binned all that now.

Mugs

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I mainly use it’s for the scorecard and not the gps now although I’ve been making great use of the stats section recently to improve my game

albie999

Visit site
I have been using the Taylormade MyRoundPro, it seems pretty decent, quick, you can log your club used quickly, gives you distances etc, and then at end of round, gives you your stats. I keep looking for an alternative, but never found one that seems to work as easy. Have tried Hole19, but as I like to record my shots, and then have stats, I find it is a bit long winded

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I use Arccos with the 2nd generation tags. I am not consistent enough that the stats make any sense yet, but with better lies over summer I should get there.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used fairly often
Sky Go
Whats app for video calls
Weather App
Compass
Colour note

What three words (does not get used but I consider it a must have)