Apps

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
What three words (does not get used but I consider it a must have)

I finally got to use W3W just before lockdown when I needed to call the RAC from the middle of nowhere. The call centre person had not used it before but understood what it was and she was able to pinpoint me perfectly.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Do you ever consider you might really over think this game Homer? You always seem to be looking for the next fad or invention that will improve your game but all we ever hear are tales of woe. Maybe if you just backed off and went out playing just for the enjoyment of playing your handicap would start to come down?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I finally got to use W3W just before lockdown when I needed to call the RAC from the middle of nowhere. The call centre person had not used it before but understood what it was and she was able to pinpoint me perfectly.

We have been recommending all our members to have this on their phones. Much easier than trying to describe where you are on the course for Air or Ordinary ambulance.

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
I use 'Golf Handicapp' app as a post round score tracker. As a nomad i don't have access to an offical handicapp system.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Do you ever consider you might really over think this game Homer? You always seem to be looking for the next fad or invention that will improve your game but all we ever hear are tales of woe. Maybe if you just backed off and went out playing just for the enjoyment of playing your handicap would start to come down?

I don't play this game to enjoy myself

D

Deleted member 1147

Anyone still use that SS2?
Didn’t it record all of your scores and stats?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Anyone still use that SS2?
Didn’t it record all of your scores and stats?

I used it for 4-5 seasons. It does record all of the scores and all of the statistics and was set up to calculate the handicap under CONGU guidelines. I think you can still download it for free but obviously the handicap recording will be obsolete under WGH as it isn't supported anymore. I suppose if you want to keep some basic stats it'll still work. One glaring omission it does have though is strokes gained which some of the more up to date apps are offering