Approx swing speed?

Lewisadam88

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hello,

Forgive me if this is a difficult question to answer based on the one video, but, i was wondering if you guys could possibly give me a rough estimation on my swing speed.

[video=youtube;jHWvWMaReNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHWvWMaReNw&feature=plcp[/video]

I understand i would be best to go have my swing measured on the machine but until i do, im replacing the shaft in my driver to a Proforce VTS and ive opted for a stiff flex over x stiff. I use x flex fubuki tp at the minute but it feels like a metal bar.

any advice would be more than appriciated.

Thank you

Lewis

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
With that club or your driver?

Looking at that I'd guess somewhere between 85-90mph with a mid iron, or 105 ish with a driver.
How far do you carry a 7 iron? I'm guessing around 155-160.

It doesn't look fast or harsh enough to need x-stiff, but it's so hard to tell on a video (is my excuse when you say I'm way out!)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Hello, Forgive me if this is a difficult question to answer based on the one video, but, i was wondering if you guys could possibly give me a rough estimation on my swing speed. [video=youtube;jHWvWMaReNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHWvWMaReNw&feature=plcp[/video]I understand i would be best to go have my swing measured on the machine but until i do, im replacing the shaft in my driver to a Proforce VTS and ive opted for a stiff flex over x stiff. I use x flex fubuki tp at the minute but it feels like a metal bar. any advice would be more than appriciated.Thank you Lewis
How did you decide on a Proforce VTS shaft? There is an awful lot more to shaft selection that just swing speed. Launch angle, spin rates and swing type are also factors that have to be considered. My advice....get yourself fitted to make sure you have the right shaft, you could end up saving yourself a lot of money long term than swapping between different shafts trying to find the right one

Last edited by a moderator:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
81.2 mph, was that a 6 or 5 iron?

You need to get to a monitor now and let us all know the actual answer.

Welcome to the forum

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks like a good strong smooth action with a bit of hit in it, but it is really difficult to estimate swing speed. Assuming that is a 6 iron, anything above 93 or 94 mph is as fast/faster than Luke Donald, who uses Stiff flex iron shafts, TT DG Tour Issue S300 or S400 - can't remember which.

But swing speed is only one factor determining flex - tempo is another - Nick Price needs pretty stiff shafts with his brisk tempo. I think he still uses super heavy shafts called X7s. It also depends which brand. You will need X flex in Nippon Pros at much lower swing speeds than X flex in KBS C-tapers. Feel, trajectory and spin rates are other factors put in the mix.

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
If you carried a 7i about 160 yards then a 'guestimate' would have your DRIVER swing speed about 100 to 105mph.

This is bordering on the crazy though IMHO - trying to estimate a SS from a video then suggest a shaft??? Crazy stuff.

Just get to an American Golf or Direct Golf and blag 15 minutes on a monitor.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you carried a 7i about 160 yards then a 'guestimate' would have your DRIVER swing speed about 100 to 105mph.

This is bordering on the crazy though IMHO - trying to estimate a SS from a video then suggest a shaft??? Crazy stuff.

Just get to an American Golf or Direct Golf and blag 15 minutes on a monitor.

Now that's crazy stuff! ;)