Appalling American Golf service!!

SirSliceAlot

Club Champion
Visit site
Just thought I should let you guys know about the awful AG service that my family has recieved this Xmas. Bit long, sorry!

Basically the mother in law ordered me a £50 voucher Xmas pressie off the AG website to spend in store, she ordered it on the 18th dec and it had not arrived by Xmas day. Very dissapointing, so she then proceeded to ring and email them nearly daily and by the 4th Jan still no voucher, at this point she is fuming and rings again and gets put through to head office who fob her off saying that the voucher had been dispatched before Xmas, she argued with them that there was no dispatch email etc and they finally realised that they had not sent it and agreed to ship it that day, she did not even get so much as an apology out of the woman on the phone which is pretty disgusting as she was made to feel like she had done something wrong!!
The voucher finally turns up on 6th jan and I went into the Leicester store yesterday to spend it, paying at the counter it turns out the bloody plastic voucher card had no money on it! Although the girl behind the counter was apologetic and agreed to speak to head office today and ship the goods via courier, it has left a really sour taste in my mouth about AG and I would question whether I would want to use them again.
Sorry for the long rant but has any one else had a bad experience with them and what would you do in my/mother in laws shoes, would you take it further etc?
Cheers.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry for the long rant but has any one else had a bad experience with them and what would you do in my/mother in laws shoes, would you take it further etc?
Cheers.
For me, I've had nothing but good experience from them. Certainly the guys in the local store have always done everything to try and help me out.

Sorry to hear about your experience though.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
The lads in our local AG are very good.

Never had bad service in my local store ad even when I've ordered online had no issues.

DavidO

Head Pro
Visit site
I have to say that the guys in my local AG store have been great whenever I've been down there.

Especially as I wasn't looking to buy there and then, just getting advice!!

Sorry you had issues though!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i can understand your frustration, but now and then mistakes can happen. Im not shy about not being a big american golf fan due to some past experiences when trying to buy clubs from them, but ive got to say in teh last 2 weeks they have earned mega brownie points with me.

Case 1, 2 pairs of shoes from them as a christmas prezzie, one pair still boxed, one pair worn for 9 holes but had to take them off as they crippled my feet due to lack of padding, they understood totally and gave me a full refund on both pairs as i couldnt find anything in store that i liked.

case 2, called yesturday to do a stock check on new shoes, they wasnt in stock at the branch, but the guy at the shop checked stock at their main storage place, called me back and even beat the best price i had seen anywhere else.

Maybe a nicely worded email may seem some form of compensation, but id stress your disappointment more than anger ;)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it's luck of the draw and quality of service can vary from store to store and even by salesperson to salesperson in each store.

Case in point - when I was trying out drivers on Saturday the bloke who was "observing" my demos kept saying that the Fubuki Shaft in the MP630 was "over rated" and the the JPX was a better driver because it was newer. They're two completely different drivers for starters. For seconds, the stats with the MP were better (lower spin rates etc), but he still tried to force the (more expensive) JPX. I took the stats with a pinch of salt as I'd just got out of bed and I'd demo'd the JPX twice previously which very pleasing results. The MP stats weren't better enough to give me encouragement that it was *the* club as I'd hit a few very bad clangers with it, and the open look at address gave me the willies!

He then mentioned that he hadn't hit either of them and proceeded to give them a bash. He also didn't know that the JPX was nearly half an inch longer than the MP until I pointed it out to him.

Long story short, his product knowledge was non-existent. He smacked of being a low handicap golfer who fancied a job where he wouldn't have to work too hard and not really learn anything about the job.

On the flip side, one of the other blokes that works in there that I usually end up dealing with has always been very helpful and knowledgeable on everything I've demo'd and never pushed one club over another.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
the local shop guys are very good in my experience.

The online people are totally different and I wonder if its an outsourced company handling all their online and phone sales, either way the online/tel sales people leave a lot to be desired while the in-store people have been excellent in the 3 AG stores I visit near me.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
A friend bought a Ping 4 under carry bag from AG, after about 4 rounds the bag split at the bottom, when he took it back the were pretty unhelpful, there only suggestion was to send the bag back, no offer of a refund and no offer of a loan bag.

Now as far as I understand if goods are faulty you should be offered a refund/replacement ???

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Now as far as I understand if goods are faulty you should be offered a refund/replacement ???

when they took my shoes back id cleaned them etc and they just said " I wouldnt worry, their going straight back to adidas ",

Im sure the bag would have had a 1 year warrenty, and if it split should have been changed no questions asked unless miss-use was obvious.

SirSliceAlot

Club Champion
Visit site
Judging by the replys so far it looks like I just had a one off bad experience with them, maybe their online staff are not as competent as their in-store colleagues! Hopefully the new gear will turn up in the next day or two though....

D

Deleted member 1418

Basically the mother in law ordered me a £50 voucher Xmas pressie off the AG website to spend in store.............paying at the counter it turns out the bloody plastic voucher card had no money on it! Cheers.
Or could it be that your mother-in-law just doesn't like you enough to actually put money on it?!!!For Christmas my wife went into the AG store in Watford and got me an R11 3-wood - excellent! I knew she was picking it up as I had to speak to the assistant on the phone to tell him exactly what I was after. Put the phone down in a good mood and looking forward to unwrapping it on Christmas morning - lovely.Wife walks in the front door, puts the club away somewhere ready for the big day, and then comes into the kitchen where I am enjoying a nice Rioja and comes out with "well that was interesting". "How so?" I reply. "Well" she says "the assistant asked me if you had a loyalty card as he would add that to it. I didn't know so he looked you up on the computer and then told me that you were and appeared to be quite a regular customer, and had 'apparently' purchased the R11 driver from them earlier in the year, as well as etc etc etc". To cut a long story short, the dick-head assistant then asked the wife if she'd like to take a look at my purchase history!! Luckily the wife doesn't mind what I spend on golf if I can afford it, but I still went in the next day and voiced my displeasure!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Or could it be that your mother-in-law just doesn't like you enough to actually put money on it?!!!For Christmas my wife went into the AG store in Watford and got me an R11 3-wood - excellent! I knew she was picking it up as I had to speak to the assistant on the phone to tell him exactly what I was after. Put the phone down in a good mood and looking forward to unwrapping it on Christmas morning - lovely.Wife walks in the front door, puts the club away somewhere ready for the big day, and then comes into the kitchen where I am enjoying a nice Rioja and comes out with "well that was interesting". "How so?" I reply. "Well" she says "the assistant asked me if you had a loyalty card as he would add that to it. I didn't know so he looked you up on the computer and then told me that you were and appeared to be quite a regular customer, and had 'apparently' purchased the R11 driver from them earlier in the year, as well as etc etc etc". To cut a long story short, the dick-head assistant then asked the wife if she'd like to take a look at my purchase history!! Luckily the wife doesn't mind what I spend on golf if I can afford it, but I still went in the next day and voiced my displeasure!
I am literally clearing tea of my desk, at the thought of you giving out to the sales assistant because you're scared of your wife! ;)
I'm terrified of mine finding out, but I'd never make it public knowledge... hang on.... b*gger! :lol:

S

Snelly

I am not a huge fan of AG but for the most part, I think they are harmless enough.... I went in there for some new waterproof trousers and the assistant was a nice enough lad. He made a couple of phone calls to management to get to the price I wanted to pay and ended up with a good deal on some GG's.

He asked where I was playing the following day during the course of our convesation and I told him Sunningdale. "I have never heard of it? Where is that?" was his response.... Hmmmmm. Not much of a golfer then if you ask me.....

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

:D Brilliant!

Mick47

Head Pro
Visit site
Reminds me of a member at our club. he took a funny turn and was taken to hospital, they kept him in for a couple of days for tests. HID takes his mobile home to charge it, the phone keeps ringing with text messages so eventually she reads them in case they were important. After reading a string of worried mesages from his mistress she filed for divorce.

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After a family day out last week for the child to spend his birthday money we decided to go to AG to see if he could find himself a new 3 wood. As we were browsing through the clubs a young assistant came over and proceded to tell us which club we had to buy.
"The new Nicklaus range is a fantastic club etc. The Benross is the best club and the older Cobra Baffler is the bestbargain club in the shop and will be best suited to my son" is what he said
Told the lad to put his money away and put the clubs back on the rail. Why do they insist on telling us which clubs we need to buy.

Bandido

Medal Winner
Visit site
Reminds me of a member at our club. he took a funny turn and was taken to hospital, they kept him in for a couple of days for tests. HID takes his mobile home to charge it, the phone keeps ringing with text messages so eventually she reads them in case they were important. After reading a string of worried mesages from his mistress she filed for divorce.

Oh dear!

I like AGD but the OP has had a complete balls up and I'm surprised they haven't offered anything in compo