Anyone seen the Wire?

BushFinder

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The other thread about not getting it, made me think.

After watching all 5 seasons of The Wire. I believe it to be 'The greatest TV show of all time'(no exagaration)

Anyone else seen it, or did anyone watch it and 'not get it'?

BushFinder

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The other thread about not getting it, made me think.

After watching all 5 seasons of The Wire. I believe it to be 'The greatest TV show of all time'(no exagaration)

Anyone else seen it, or did anyone watch it and 'not get it'?

BushFinder

Great show. Didn't spoon-feed the viewer.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just started watching this. Had the dvd's a while but have never got round to it. The 4th season is supposed to be the best i hear?

Alternatively,i have just finished watching a show called Breaking bad. Well,the 1st 2 seasons of it anyway,3rd one out in March.

Well worth a download if you haven't seen it.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Epic in scale, concept and execution. Simply the finest 65 hour film you will ever see.

The standoff between Omar and BowTie at the start of an episode is as gripping as anything from the Spaghetti Western genre.

The series is so good it has been the subject of full-blown academic conferences. It transcends 'telly' and is simply unmissable.

BushFinder

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Epic in scale, concept and execution. Simply the finest 65 hour film you will ever see.

The standoff between Omar and BowTie at the start of an episode is as gripping as anything from the Spaghetti Western genre.

The series is so good it has been the subject of full-blown academic conferences. It transcends 'telly' and is simply unmissable.

I could not have put it better myself!!
You ether love it or havent seen it yet!

Favourite character?
For me it's Omar followed by Marlo.

janmolby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm watching it on FX, at the very end of season 4 now, it's brilliant but it's a show you have to watch from the start of season 1.