Anyone know what these are called?

rookiesteve

Hacker
Visit site
Was talking to a guy I work with and he mentioned hit markers you can stick to your club (for the driving range) and they leave a mark of where your hitting the ball. He said you can get them cheap from ebay but I've tryed a few different searches and cant find them.

Would be great for me to see where I am actually hitting the ball off the club, if anyone knows get back to me.

Cheers.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You can get a spray can that covers the face in a gold coloured powder that shows the ball impact position very clearly. I think its called 'On-Mark' I have used it and its better than tape.

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If it's just a case of identifying the impact area it can be done with masking tape, at least for driver and woods, at very little cost. Worked for me and confirmed I was hitting too much out of the heel.

matts1984

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Using these really helped me. All my shot were coming out of the heel. I now stand further away from the ball and am hitting the sweet spot on my irons most times. Resulting in a lot more distance and cleaner shots.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
For the real cheapskates out there, such as myself, you just mark a dot on the ball with a felt tip and line this up so it contacts the club.

It's easy to do with the driver and fairway woods but not sure about more lofted irons.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
or if you are a little flush you could give the strike n swipe reusable ones a go. £8 for 2x driver 2xiron and 1x putter. Wonder what the sticky on them is like for repeated application though. Might give them a try and review next month ;)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've got a pack of the swipe and reuse ones but I've never used them, most pro shops get sent rolls of impact stickers for niche,my range just gave me a role of cally ones :thup:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Even cheaper than anything is make the ball wet before you hit it, leaves a perfect mark on the black faces of my TM woods....