Anyone had a gap test - Worth it?

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Which is often the case when you play anyway. Raw data in iitself is just a set of numbers that you need to make an adjustment on with each shot.

Very rare you will play in perfect conditions ( at least in the cold, wet and windy north west coast) so the judgement of adding or taking yardage off the shot to be played is very important and imv the thing most golfers get wrong.

no point in your baseline starting numbers coming from data collected with 20mph wind into off the right, ideally you would have a neutral set condition wise

there is a reason why trackman comes with a normalize feature

D

Deleted member 3432

no point in your baseline starting numbers coming from data collected with 20mph wind into off the right, ideally you would have a neutral set condition wise

there is a reason why trackman comes with a normalize feature

Point I am trying to make is its great to know how far you hit it under ' normal' conditions but I know I would be lucky to play twice a year under those conditions.

Too many golfers ' know' their yardages for a given club then hit it despite playing into a two or three club wind.

I carry my 6 iron for example 170 yards but in reality it might be used for shots between 120 and 220 yards.

I view my carry numbers as nothing more than a guide .

Trackman is a great tool however for club fitting and gapping.

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Did this recently with gc2 on an indoor simulator.

Found it very useful indeed. You obviously have an idea how far you hit shots but its much harder to ascertain carry yardages therefore I do recommend it. It's good to see typical roll outs as well.

Obviously these were normalised controlled stats. You then have to interpret for the conditions on the course.