Anyone got the Titliest TS2 driver?

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got fitted by the Titleist guy last week, currently playing a 917 D2 and fully expected that the TS2 would work for me. Surprised that the TS3 with Hzrdus Smoke was best and gained 26 yards but equally important the dispersion was so much better.
Also fitted for TS2 3 and 5 wood and both were very, very good. Have tried the new Srixon (which was good) and TM and Rogue drivers and have to say the TS3 worked so much better for me. The standard shafts are so much better than previous offerings, they've finally dropped the Diamana's and it's clear to see that Titleist have upped their game this time round.

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Also touching on the cost of new drivers, the rrp price is £499 but seems to sell at £449, when I started playing in 1997 the cost of the Callaway Great Big Bertha driver was £499 so although the price of drivers went down they're now in line with where they were 20 years ago.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
I played with every titleist driver from 909 to 917, fancied a change and got the tm m3, have to say best driver I've ever had no question. I love titleist products, and I know the new drivers are getting great reviews but it is only on par with what is already out there and it looks the same as every driver they have had out for 10 years, bit bored of the black or grey crown now, i do still like it's simplicity but feel titleist limit themselves with their lack of vision with the driver.

Yeah.......Titleist have a following that IMO is slightly snobbish for want of a better word. I know many players who wont go to another ball because they think the Pro v is the only ball on the market. Titleist make good gear but not breaking new ground and are playing catch up with TM and Callaway drivers....the key word is catch up.

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah.......Titleist have a following that IMO is slightly snobbish for want of a better word. I know many players who wont go to another ball because they think the Pro v is the only ball on the market. Titleist make good gear but not breaking new ground and are playing catch up with TM and Callaway drivers....the key word is catch up.

How can you call Titleist 'followers' slightly snobbish, what are you basing this on?
I've played Pro V1s for years and have tried others but go back to the Pro V because it works for me.
Likewise the new TS2 & 3 drivers, they're miles better than anything Titleist have made before and performed better than a TM or Callaway for me.

D

Deleted member 15717

What are you launching at? Your spin loft must be pretty low.

I’ll let you know when I get fit....I can’t remember the launch number from 8 months ago!

Tommo21

Tour Winner
How can you call Titleist 'followers' slightly snobbish, what are you basing this on?
I've played Pro V1s for years and have tried others but go back to the Pro V because it works for me.
Likewise the new TS2 & 3 drivers, they're miles better than anything Titleist have made before and performed better than a TM or Callaway for me.

I'm basing it on being a member of more that one club, playing lots of golf for over 40 years, playing golf with many low HC players, playing with club champions and ex pro's, playing with players who wont even try anything outside titleist, players who have played titleist most of their playing days and I ask why, players who wont even try another ball or club apart from titleist, blah blah blah. It's not a criticism, its an opinion based many factors. I don't know of any other manufacturer who has this type of following. However, over the last few years Titleist have lost ground with some of their products, certainly with their drivers. I still dont know anyone who has a new Titleist driver , and I play lost's of golf with many different guys of all abilities.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
To be fair, the drivers have only been out a couple of months, and I know 3 who have them at my club yet only know one person with a rogue.

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm basing it on being a member of more that one club, playing lots of golf for over 40 years, playing golf with many low HC players, playing with club champions and ex pro's, playing with players who wont even try anything outside titleist, players who have played titleist most of their playing days and I ask why, players who wont even try another ball or club apart from titleist, blah blah blah. It's not a criticism, its an opinion based many factors. I don't know of any other manufacturer who has this type of following. However, over the last few years Titleist have lost ground with some of their products, certainly with their drivers. I still dont know anyone who has a new Titleist driver , and I play lost's of golf with many different guys of all abilities.

I don't see how any of this makes Titleist users slightly snobbish, I think it's more of a case of being loyal to the brand, which comes from Titleist offering top quality clubs and balls, something they've done for years. Why should they try something from another brand if they're happy with what they've got. I play regularly with guys that will only use Mizuno and wouldn't dream of trying something else, the same with Ping.

The new Titleist drivers have only been available for custom fitting from Titleist over the last few weeks so it's a bit early to comment on that, although the guys my pro shop said they've had more interest in the new TS drivers than any other brand. Either you just don't like Titleist, which is fine or your jealous!

Tommo21

Tour Winner
I don't see how any of this makes Titleist users slightly snobbish, I think it's more of a case of being loyal to the brand, which comes from Titleist offering top quality clubs and balls, something they've done for years. Why should they try something from another brand if they're happy with what they've got. I play regularly with guys that will only use Mizuno and wouldn't dream of trying something else, the same with Ping.

The new Titleist drivers have only been available for custom fitting from Titleist over the last few weeks so it's a bit early to comment on that, although the guys my pro shop said they've had more interest in the new TS drivers than any other brand. Either you just don't like Titleist, which is fine or your jealous!
Its for want of a better word...if you read it right. Yes it can be more a case of brand loyalty, even when inferior. Yeah, lots of interest on the new TS drivers, lots more than the previous couple of models. I've used their drivers irons and wedges and I change when they loose ground and I'll change if they gain ground. However, i know some guys who look at other gear as if it's inferior and won't even try other equipment. Call it loyalty, I call it something else. "Jealous" when I personally use Titleist, "dont like Titleist" when I personally use Titleist. You must be reading something else.