Anyone got the Titliest TS2 driver?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My mate won a bonus ball at our local golf shop for a new driver. get fit for anything type of thing.

Heart set on the new titleist. could not hit it at all.

Walked out with a g400 and 2 boxes of pro vs

D

Deleted member 16999

It’s everything you’ve ever needed Bri, got your name stamped all over it.
Get it bought :cool:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
no one i play with has one yet, though slow Dave is going for a fitting in a couple of days.

Not really a fan of Titleist TBH, apart from putters, never really get on with the set up. Though i did think of one a while back when the 915 came out played with a guy who was a friend of a friend who had an 8 deg with a VTS SHAFT, went miles but shaft upgrade was something like and extra £300, made the driver close to £600 even then

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a TS2 11.5 hazadus smoke 6.0. I hit a very low ball and this was best set up at C3.
Fitted was hitting it really well very long , but my swing has gone a bit and I would say it’s not as forgiving as the G400 I have kept.

It’s a lovely club and really is good length wise but sound is dull .
Get fitted but at £449 it’s not any better than the ping G400 imo.

D

Deleted member 15717

Quick question.
Why do you use a 8.5* driver?

Match spin lofts. On multiple measuring on Trackman and GC2 HMT, I was hitting 6° up with driver. I had a 10.5° M2 before and it was crazy how inefficient it was. I cranked it down to 8.5° and instantly gained a lot of yards....but it never sat well that I have cranked the loft down, but face now didn’t sit square. I chopped it in for an 8.5° 917 D3 and it went really well when compared on GC2 HMT

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried it, plus TS3, Ping G400 max,M3 and epic.
Not fair to pass comment on Ping as it was wrong shaft,suspect it’s a rather forgiving high flying fairway finder..just a bit marmite to look at.
The TS3 was better for me, I was all over the place with the ts2. Put the same shaft in the ts3 and was flying it really high and nice. Speed of ball was up from 218 to 228-35. So I have started to save up and wait for a deal to come my way! I liked the noise as well conventional metal head not dull like a composite head.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not fair to pass comment on Ping as it was wrong shaft,suspect it’s a rather forgiving high flying fairway finder..just a bit marmite to look at.
The TS3 was better for me, I was all over the place with the ts2. Put the same shaft in the ts3 and was flying it really high and nice. Speed of ball was up from 218 to 228-35. So I have started to save up and wait for a deal to come my way! I liked the noise as well conventional metal head not dull like a composite head.

Ball speed of 235

Ho lee smokes :)

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi Joe, how's long drive treatin ya?

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Match spin lofts. On multiple measuring on Trackman and GC2 HMT, I was hitting 6° up with driver. I had a 10.5° M2 before and it was crazy how inefficient it was. I cranked it down to 8.5° and instantly gained a lot of yards....but it never sat well that I have cranked the loft down, but face now didn’t sit square. I chopped it in for an 8.5° 917 D3 and it went really well when compared on GC2 HMT
What are you launching at? Your spin loft must be pretty low.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I played with every titleist driver from 909 to 917, fancied a change and got the tm m3, have to say best driver I've ever had no question. I love titleist products, and I know the new drivers are getting great reviews but it is only on par with what is already out there and it looks the same as every driver they have had out for 10 years, bit bored of the black or grey crown now, i do still like it's simplicity but feel titleist limit themselves with their lack of vision with the driver.