Anyone got nike 270's?

sunshine

Visit site
Wore the 270's for the first time yesterday. It was just a trip to the shops, obviously I have to reserve full judgement until I've been out on the course with them. But first impressions:

- These are the best looking golf shoes I've ever seen. My wife has zero interest in golf and couldn't care less about any equipment or clothing I buy, but even she commented that they looked nice. That is high praise! I've got the grey / lime green colour scheme.
- In photos they look like they are made from a mesh type material like running shoes. Up close, you can see (and feel) that they are covered in a thin rubbery membrane. I assume this is what makes the shoes waterproof.
- Felt comfortable walking down the street wearing them. They look and feel like trainers. In fact I can imagine I will end up wearing these off the course as much as on it. The difference is the material is thicker and they feel more robust and sturdy than normal trainers. This means they are currently a little stiff and will need to be worn in.
- Sizing is the same as every other pair of nike shoes I've had over the last 20 years. They have a sock type fitting instead of a tongue, which means they are harder to slip on to your foot, it's not an issue for me.

First impressions pretty good. Out of the box they are not as comfortable as the Adidas 360 XT spikeless, which has a full length boost sole and are unbelievably comfy. But the nike shoes have the flexibility of being suitable off the course.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
You are bad people - just bought a pair of these £90.97 from the Nike site. My Air 1G are comfy as anything but not at all waterproof and the pair of Adidas I got cheap (£42) last week may have given me temporary back pain - so with the prospect of damp rough in the weeks ahead I decided what the hell.

Never got the fascination with Nike Air stuff as fashion before - but my Air 1G are the best supporting trainer style shoes for me I've ever had.

sunshine

Visit site
You are bad people - just bought a pair of these £90.97 from the Nike site. My Air 1G are comfy as anything but not at all waterproof and the pair of Adidas I got cheap (£42) last week may have given me temporary back pain - so with the prospect of damp rough in the weeks ahead I decided what the hell.

Never got the fascination with Nike Air stuff as fashion before - but my Air 1G are the best supporting trainer style shoes for me I've ever had.

That's a tremendous deal! How did you get the 270G for £90 when they are £130 everywhere?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I was looking at the Nike site and they came up as an option - I didn't get a choice of colour and they only had size 8 (It said only a few pair remaining) - colours are a bit marmite - I'll see what they look like when they arrive - As my Air Max 1G are so good I'd only expect these to be out with me on damp days.

Here's a pic to show the colours - don't judge me :(

unnamed.png

OMcG

Club Champion
Visit site
Big fan of these , have two pairs and always got on well with them.

Grip never been a problem even on wet days and most comfortable shoes I’ve had.

Definitely on the narrower side though and I would go half a size up compared to my usual Nike trainers.

D

Deleted member 16999

I was looking at the Nike site and they came up as an option - I didn't get a choice of colour and they only had size 8 (It said only a few pair remaining) - colours are a bit marmite - I'll see what they look like when they arrive - As my Air Max 1G are so good I'd only expect these to be out with me on damp days.

Here's a pic to show the colours - don't judge me :(

View attachment 35248
Mate at Club is advertising a pair of these for sale £70.00 + £10.00pp, Size 10, he ordered wrong size. Brand new in box.