Anyone gonna be in Belek from 18th June ?

Brizo1411

Visit site
I’m going with wife n family but only myself plays golf. Was wondering if anyone in similar situation and fancied a round or 5 :cool:

19th hole

Medal Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately won't be there at that time but I have just returned from Belek and the golf is superb!

Carya is great and The National is probably in my top 5 courses ever played.

A friend of mine went last year with his family and played a few times - the courses just matched him up with others in 2 and 3 balls.

I have holiday envy! Enjoy.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
12 of us have been going to Belek every year in late April for the last 10 years. Playing the National a few years ago we were, for some reason, a 4-ball and 2 3-balls. They tried to foist 2 tall blonde Swedish young ladies on us.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
12 of us have been going to Belek every year in late April for the last 10 years. Playing the National a few years ago we were, for some reason, a 4-ball and 2 3-balls. They tried to foist 2 tall blonde Swedish young ladies on us.
Life can be so tough some times...

Brizo1411

Visit site
Unfortunately won't be there at that time but I have just returned from Belek and the golf is superb!

A friend of mine went last year with his family and played a few times - the courses just matched him up with others in 2 and 3 balls.

I have holiday envy! Enjoy.
do you know if he had pre booked any rounds ? or just took his clubs and hoped for vailability ?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I hated the National, probably because it beat me up! It also seems to have an inflated opinion of itself.

On balance I think my favourite course in Belek is the Sultan - not that I've played them all, of course.

19th hole

Medal Winner
Visit site
I hated the National, probably because it beat me up! It also seems to have an inflated opinion of itself.

On balance I think my favourite course in Belek is the Sultan - not that I've played them all, of course.
Didn’t get to play Sultan but heard it’s a great course.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Just got back from Belek myself a week ago.

played the Sultan, Pasha, Gloria New, Carya and Faldo.

Sultans very good and usually in excellent condition, I like the Pasha as its a nice course to ease your way into the week (shorter than the Sultan but with smaller tougher greens) , the Gloria New (first time of playing) was excellent and in magnificent condition and the Carya was even better (played it last year and didn't really think much of it) in both respects. The Faldo was also very enjoyable as a shorter course but was a bit rougher round the edges condition wise.

One of my favourite courses over there though is the National. Its like Woburn with sunshine.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I got back about 10 days ago, 28 of us played the Gloria Old, Lykia Links, The National & Carya, all good courses and generally we were round in 4 balls in about 4 hours, a couple of slower days but that was down to the slower players in our trip going out together in the middle of the field.

Brizo1411

Visit site
Any idea good tee times in the heat of turkey ?

Only golfed in Portugal before in 23 degrees so I’m seeing it’s about 30 just now.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Any idea good tee times in the heat of turkey ?

Only golfed in Portugal before in 23 degrees so I’m seeing it’s about 30 just now.
Similar to Portugal, you just want to avoid the middle of the day really, trouble is so will everyone else

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
We played in the heat of the day& providing you drink plenty of water its not too bad, we had buggies each day, I wouldn't fancy carrying or pushing a trolley.

Actually a few of us played an extra round whilst we were out there booked on the morning that we actually played....think we tee'd off on the Sultan at just after 12 and we had pull trolleys....and it wasn't that bad. I'd say though that the temps this year were maybe low to mid 20's rather than being the high 20's low 30's that it has been in previous years....but I agree about carrying!!!

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Most courses "standard rates" vary between €80 and €130
What time of year is that?
I usually go to Belek in May and standard rate green fees then are typically between €95 and €145, with generous discounts (typically 50%) for residents of the attached hotels.
I can quite believe it would be cheaper in the height of summer when only mad dogs and Englishmen would want to play.