Anyone fancy JCB on 1st July?

D

Deleted member 21258

The course and clubhouse are cracking, its has some of the best green complex's I have played on.

1st is a great hole to start from. 16, 17 and 18 are a great finish to the course. 18 is a hard hole, save some energy for that one!

Hope the weather is good and you have a cracking day.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
what a great course. It is a BIG, long course, with some steep walks. Fantastic green complexes, which were running at 12 on Tuesday, at least in the morning, despite the horrendous weather that we had. As DRW siad, 16 to 18 is an awesome finish and 1 a fantastic opener. Maybe 8 is the only slightly weak hole and there may well be changes in the future. We played off yellows at about 6600, although did one or two from further back. At 7300+ off the back - and with several tiger tees that are not even on the card, I suspect most scratch handicappers would struggle to break 80 - it is a very hard course!

Jump at the chance to play if you ever get a chance

D

Deleted member 23270

what a great course. It is a BIG, long course, with some steep walks. Fantastic green complexes, which were running at 12 on Tuesday, at least in the morning, despite the horrendous weather that we had. As DRW siad, 16 to 18 is an awesome finish and 1 a fantastic opener. Maybe 8 is the only slightly weak hole and there may well be changes in the future. We played off yellows at about 6600, although did one or two from further back. At 7300+ off the back - and with several tiger tees that are not even on the card, I suspect most scratch handicappers would struggle to break 80 - it is a very hard course!

Jump at the chance to play if you ever get a chance
It's only worth playing if it's an inland links ?

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow, that looks stunning and very difficult !!

It would not be a fun course for high handicappers! Very tough and a very long walk! We walked as a 4 ball and was near 5.5 hours from clubhouse to clubhouse with 15m at halfway hut and nobody infant or behind

AAC

Visit site
It would not be a fun course for high handicappers! Very tough and a very long walk! We walked as a 4 ball and was near 5.5 hours from clubhouse to clubhouse with 15m at halfway hut and nobody infant or behind

From the video I guess the yardages were off the back tees (as 3 Par 5's exceeded 600 yards), it did appear that there was a good range of tee's to suit most abilites, it still looked hard though. I would love to play it someday, shame I no longer deal with JCB :cry: