anyone else getting WSOD ?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
and there I've been blaming our IT 'experts'. mind you it could still be their fault, they put in a 'fix' recently and now everythings at a crawl.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's an internet Forum in the States I contribute to...and after every message/action I get a 30 second WSoD...nothing to do with the distance...sometimes it's instantaneous...how do they do that?? I click here, it bounces to some geeky server in USA and gets back in....split seconds?? amazing.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
My PC now plays off scratch with 2 gb RAM and 8 mb downstream.....amazing....youtube's in seconds, instant websites. It's just so depressing when things just take forever. How spoiled are we.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
according to Wikpedia's definition I haven't been getting the true wsod at work and haven't experienced it at all at home.
at work, everything is just so damn slow - and selecting index is a guaranteed way of locking up the site.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to use the Beta version of Safari for Windows to browse, but now it just crashes whenever I type anything. Bugger shame cos' it was far better than ie7. Hate all things Microsoft. 3rd rate junk, without exception, but what can you do?

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tried it, Sam, and used to use it instead of IE. Don't like it as much as Safari, though. Graphics and fonts are so good on Apple software. Reckon it's an iMac for Xmas this year: :p :p :p