Anyone been to La Manga from Murcia Airport

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thats interesting as Resorthoppa say its 45 mins and want £45 (not €) per head. Might just get a taxi in that
case.

It is from Murcia itself, but the airport is south east of that (closer to La Manga). Google maps show the route at being 24mins, but a large part of it is motorway.

You'll love it. I've not played the full West course as it was having work on it, but it looks great. Make sure you visit the piano bar!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is from Murcia itself, but the airport is south east of that (closer to La Manga). Google maps show the route at being 24mins, but a large part of it is motorway.

You'll love it. I've not played the full West course as it was having work on it, but it looks great. Make sure you visit the piano bar!

Thanks for the info Duckster. First time going there as we normally do Portugal bt fancied a change. Staying at Las Lomas Village and apparently its quite nice so looking forward to it.
Trips to Dundonald, The Old Course and The Jubilee Course to get out of the way first though :D

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks for the info Duckster. First time going there as we normally do Portugal bt fancied a change. Staying at Las Lomas Village and apparently its quite nice so looking forward to it.
Trips to Dundonald, The Old Course and The Jubilee Course to get out of the way first though :D

We stayed there as well, houses (there were 12 of us) were top notch! Clean, well furnished etc... They have free mini bus transport on the complex to get you around as well, used it at night not just for getting us and gear to the course. Just order it from the reception office at Las Lomas.

We also did a night down at La Manga strip as well as doing the Piano bar in the hotel. - The strip isn't very touristy, but we found a decent bar and stayed in there for the night had a good laugh with the locals as well. Plus that's a lot cheaper than up at the golf complex.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
We stayed there as well, houses (there were 12 of us) were top notch! Clean, well furnished etc... They have free mini bus transport on the complex to get you around as well, used it at night not just for getting us and gear to the course. Just order it from the reception office at Las Lomas.

We also did a night down at La Manga strip as well as doing the Piano bar in the hotel. - The strip isn't very touristy, but we found a decent bar and stayed in there for the night had a good laugh with the locals as well. Plus that's a lot cheaper than up at the golf complex.

I will pass the bar info to my comrades. I dont drink so its mainly the other two that will hit the town beyond the resort walls.
As long as there are decent eateries I am sorted

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I will pass the bar info to my comrades. I dont drink so its mainly the other two that will hit the town beyond the resort walls.
As long as there are decent eateries I am sorted
Was there in december, Luigis restaurant does very nice italian food (so good we ate there twice).
Loved the north, didn't like the south as much…. and the west is mad! (and very tight)
Take your putting boots because the greens are bloody rapid.
I also brought food poisoning back with me too (dodgy airport food)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was there in december, Luigis restaurant does very nice italian food (so good we ate there twice).
Loved the north, didn't like the south as much…. and the west is mad! (and very tight)
Take your putting boots because the greens are bloody rapid.
I also brought food poisoning back with me too (dodgy airport food)

Cheers, I was told the greens were a bit quick so putting boots will be packed.
Love Italian food so thats a good shout the other two will be down the bars no doubt.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes the greens are very fast on the South and some are massive - first time that I ever 5 putted! :eek:

I too preferred the West and North courses - and the 18th on the North has a fantastic high elevated tee.

Enjoy! :thup:

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes the greens are very fast on the South and some are massive - first time that I ever 5 putted! :eek:

I too preferred the West and North courses - and the 18th on the North has a fantastic high elevated tee.

Enjoy! :thup:
That would be the west. North and south are easy enough finishing holes. Hit the par5 18th South with driver 5 iron.