Anyone battling Brian tomorrow?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
36 points with three blobs. Left a few out there. Given the wind probably one of my best rounds of the year. Well pleased.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Pyrford was almost unplayable this morning with the gusts. A course that you need to be spot on with your yardages .... net 74 (+4 to SSS) won the comp. A 170-yard par 3 over water was playing a full 3-wood for the cat 1s. But it was fun ..... compared to being at home with the family.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
9.28 its raining here since 6. Meant to ease overnight then get bad while we are out around 12.

We are playing a wee match so will try to beat the lads good and quick and get in early. Lol we shall see how that goes.

Was quite nice till the back 9 and had a few showers. Won our wee match by the 15th and walked in as they boys in front were taking the piss.

Course was sodden. A world away from the bone dry links of rossapenna yesterday.

D

Deleted member 15344

Seems we got lucky - lovely day with a bit of wind but glorious sunshine , wish I had worn my shorts it got that warm for the back 9

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Some brave golfers to play in that. Looked horrific locally with some savage gusts and even more savage showers. Sorely tempted to try some short game work tomorrow although gusts still forecast at 30+mph so not sure how much I'd get out of it

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Brian won by TKO.

To be fair, I would have lost on a calm summers day with what I brought to the course today. Not sure what happened, just couldn't make solid contact all day. Didn't get a par until the 15th...and then par'd my way in. Stupid game!

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
18 points haha wind was fun on cliff top course in Cornwall. 120yard sand wedge down breeze 120yard 8iron into.
Took a driver into a par 3 which normally is a 5iron as watched people's hybrids come up short, it pitched the green but was never going to stop

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Marshalling today at the European Seniors Masters at the Forest of Arden... the forecast is a bit grim! :(

Brian came on top here as well

Wasn't much rain but very strong winds made a fairly easy(ish), short(ish) course play tough. Only a few players under or level par today

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Better ball comp today. 42 points. My partner was solid. Tricky in the wind, but a lovely day otherwise. 14 points in the last 10 holes was good, par, birdie, par, bogey, birdie finish. All good stuff.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is my dad's 90th birthday tomorrow and he had a party at the club this evening. He is held in such high regard at the club that the members clubbed together to buy an annual trophy in his name to play for and today was the first comp with the presentation at his party. Brian did his best to spoil the day and I am sure that the torrential rain and 40+ mph wind would have meant that in normal circumstances no one would have bothered going out, I know none of our fourball would have, but 22 hardy (foolish) soles ventured out.

Strangely enough, I played the best I have for a couple of months and came in with 34 points but it fell one point short of winning my dads trophy. The last time I was that wet though was when I jumped in a swimming pool with my clothes on.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Last qualifier of the season yesterday. 80 yards to our 4th green straight into the wind, hit a 7-iron to get pin high.

Drove the ball well, but lost the ability to hit my irons and finished with 26pts.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wandered into the club en route to a lunchtime drink with the wife ad the early starters in the comp were coming off. Apparently brutal and 31 was the best I heard from the first half a dozen groups. Glad I wasn't playing. On the plus side met a guy in the pub who use to be a member and is coming back. Happy days as I've a decent partner again and off a competitive handicap

D

Deleted member 21258

Played Conwy today, thankfully almost dry but the wind was crazy, blowing the ball sometimes off the tee and moving the ball on a couple of the greens.

Son hit a great tee shot on one hole straight into the wind, thought he had nailed it and measured it at 143 yards:rofl::rofl:

Great fun.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got a good blasting yesterday and today.Great fun. Rare i find myself hitting a low punched 3i for a 3rd to our 18th - 140yds straight into the teeth of it. But today - not quite so wild - still quite hectic - so delighted I knocked in round in level h/cap 8 in Oct sunday medal. I'll be interested to see what CSS was today :)