any tips to help

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
ive been having lessons for a month now and decided to go for a game, probably the wrong thing to do as had a shocker.pro has been telling me turn my shoulders more as i just seem to be swinging my arms and not making a turn, ive been doing it in the lessons but cant take it onto the course, when i did turn my shoulders it felt like the club was coming over the top and ended up with a big slice,so ended up going back to my old swing which seemed to work ok need some advice on a swing thought for my downsing to stop me coming over the top, feels like im opening my shoulders first which is making the club come at the ball from way outside the ball, :D any tips

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I hit a slice sometimes when my shoulder turns out towards the ball rather than under my chin.

If you make a pretend swing with no club, but leave your left hand at address position so only your right arm is moving, then on the downswing clap your right hand against the left hand.

For me at least, it gives the feeling of turning my shoulders through the shot rather than across the ball.

Unfortunately it doesn't help groove a swing, but it gives me the feeling I want at least.