Any stack and tilt coaches in Scotland?

PeterE

Visit site
Seems like you found a Pro you can relate to; lucky you! Though potentially expensive!

Btw. How long have you been playing? Do you have a Handicap/Index? If so, what is it?

And to answer Bob's (a (retired?) PGA Pro) question for you...Henny Bogan (a great player) has a lot of influence! Though PGA Pros certainly aren't infallible - until recently, (at least US ones) were taught to teach Ball Flight Laws that were wrong!

And another Btw...Here's an (old) article that backs up my assertion anout Foley NOT teaching S&T. I trust it wasn't Plummer that mislead you! https://www.golfdigest.com/story/does-foley-teach-stack-tilt
Sorry, but it is very factual, don't believe everything you read.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
How did you manage to cure your overswing, assuming that you have?
I had an over swing when I was a teenager, I used to swing an 8iron way past parallel. I Now swing my driver just about bang on parallel and everything else slightly shorter, I fixed it by having better sync between my arm swing and my pivot and also hitting thousands of balls feeling like I was hitting half shots. it's now something I've not had to think about for years

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had an over swing when I was a teenager, I used to swing an 8iron way past parallel. I Now swing my driver just about bang on parallel and everything else slightly shorter, I fixed it by having better sync between my arm swing and my pivot and also hitting thousands of balls feeling like I was hitting half shots. it's now something I've not had to think about for years

Your first point is partly my fix too. Shoulder turn and arms in sync until club is at waist height (or this is what it feels like) and blend a wrist cock in. I’m done. I can’t turn my shoulders any more. The only way that the arms can continue is by my left arm collapsing so I try to keep this straight. I have tried for years to get a feel for what is a healthy length of swing- I can’t do it like parsaregood can.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
This thread has popcorn potential.

The nature of S&T is that people are either spending a fortune and lots of personal time learning it and therefore feel invested in defending every minute aspect of it, or are uninformed about it and because of the ‘secrecy’ and outsider status invest in calling it pish at every turn.

There are a few that are happy to look at this in a nuanced way but they are either quieter or in the minority. Makes these ‘debates’ a waste of time as no one is willing to concede.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
The nature of S&T is that people are either spending a fortune and lots of personal time learning it and therefore feel invested in defending every minute aspect of it, or are uninformed about it and because of the ‘secrecy’ and outsider status invest in calling it pish at every turn.

There are a few that are happy to look at this in a nuanced way but they are either quieter or in the minority. Makes these ‘debates’ a waste of time as no one is willing to concede.
Worse than Brexit, this thread is nearly 8 years old :ROFLMAO:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

I'm not sure I've noticed anyone call it "pish". There is more than one way to skin a cat. Likewise there is more than one way to bring the clubhead back to the ball square.

Who on tour still advocates S&T?

Last edited:

PeterE

Visit site
I'm not sure I've noticed anyone call it "pish". There is more than one way to skin a cat. Likewise there is more than one bring the clubhead back to the ball square.

Who on tour still advocates S&T?
Remember it is commonalities of all great players, so every single one, the comments on here are from obvious airhead who have no clue about the golf swing and will never achieve their best ball striking, shame but if you are content duffing it around, have fun.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Remember it is commonalities of all great players, so every single one, the comments on here are from obvious airhead who have no clue about the golf swing and will never achieve their best ball striking, shame but if you are content duffing it around, have fun.

You come across as quite an aggressive individual

Wolf

Visit site
And I'm a scratch golfer, if that's aggressive so be it
Being a scratch golfer isn't aggressive, but forcing your opinion as fact on others who are entitled to debate on an open forum and behaving like an entitled ?? because you play of scratch and accusing someone of being a Hacker is aggressive, keyboard warrioresque and frankly quite pathetic.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Being a scratch golfer isn't aggressive, but forcing your opinion as fact on others who are entitled to debate on an open forum and behaving like an entitled ?? because you play of scratch and accusing someone of being a Hacker is aggressive, keyboard warrioresque and frankly quite pathetic.

ACH, leave the puppy alone to bark.

I'm still waiting to hear who on Tour is using stack and tilt and how many majors it has to its name.