Any New home launch monitors coming out soon ?

gregc1

Visit site
Hi , I’m looking at buying a launch monitor to use at home hitting into a net. I’ve looked at them all and the Swing Caddy SC300 and Mevo plus are favourites at the moment . BUT I don’t want to spend if there’s a new model coming out soon .
Does anyone know of any new ones about to be launched (?) soon or have any experience of any used at home ?

Eagle2

Visit site
Think they are both fairly new. The Plus was released during lockdown and after selling the initial stock had lengthy delays within weeks.
I cancelled my order after originally having a 24 hour delivery timeframe stretching to 6-8 weeks. I would be surprised if a new model for this gets released when they haven’t been able to fly anything out of their factory in South Africa for the best part of 6 months.

I made the right choice as I was back on the course playing before it would have been delivered anyway.

Springveldt

Visit site
Hi , I’m looking at buying a launch monitor to use at home hitting into a net. I’ve looked at them all and the Swing Caddy SC300 and Mevo plus are favourites at the moment . BUT I don’t want to spend if there’s a new model coming out soon .
Does anyone know of any new ones about to be launched (?) soon or have any experience of any used at home ?
Think both of those track the ball flight so your setup will probably need at least 16 foot between the net and the monitor. The Mevo+ is also like 4 times the price of the SC300.

From most reviews the SkyTrack is the best "affordable" launch monitor for a home setup which is the same price as the Mevo+. Whether £2K is affordable depends on you and how often you would use it I guess.

D

Deleted member 21258

Depending on space and amount you wish to spend.

You can buy some older Flightscope models for under £1k.

Springveldt

Visit site
Out of curiousity more than anything else, do the products above work well at say a driving range on mats?
Yes but most driving ranges have limited flight balls and since the launch monitor looks at the ball characteristics (speed, launch angle, spin) then they are pretty useless. I know the more expensive monitors like Trackman can estimate what a premium ball would do based on the range ball numbers but I don't think these cheaper units do that.

If your range has normal balls then yes, these would work just fine. I think SkyTrack can struggle with the sun but the SC3000 and Mevo track the first 8 feet or so of the ball flight so should work just fine.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have sc300 and it works fine at the driving range, just place it a couple of feet behind you. Accuracy wise the carry distance seems accurate, but the other data points such as spin(which needs the app for) ,launch angle,peak height and total distance are not as accurate.

I use mine mainly for carry so I am happy with that.