Any Experience of Direct Golf Price Match

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have been looking at a Rife Barbados putter for a while now and saw them online with American Golf at 89.00 for the standard model. As I tend to prefer dealing with them, I put in a price match request with DG as they were selling for £109. I also mentioned the 15% discount code what has been doing the rounds on here.

It took them some time to come back to me and whilst they would match the price of £89 they would not cut further as this was their cost price. I went back to them on Friday to as whether they would sell the Tropical model at that price as otherwise it would be cheaper to go to AG and I also pointed out that Onlinegolf were now selling them for £79.00. I emailed on Friday with no response to sent another one today and still no response.

Now I am normally a fan of DG but it appears that their price match promise is not quite up to the standard that I have experienced with AG in the past.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I normally drop in there, and they match what ever I can find on the Internet. I don't expect to get any further discounts though.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I normally drop in there, and they match what ever I can find on the Internet. I don't expect to get any further discounts though.

That is what I used to do but now it is over an hour to get to the one I use in Cambridge or a 70 mile round trip to Lincoln.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I can see how they would match the standard price but I wouldn't expect any retailer to then match another 15% which is clearly a promotion specific to AG. If they match the RRP then I think they've done alright

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I don't blame you for trying but I wouldn't expect them to take the extra 15% off... Not saying I wouldn't give it a go though.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Direct Golf price matched a Galvin Green Ayers jacket that Nevada Bob's were selling in their sale. Reduced to £175 from £275.

Steve In Spain

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use AG and Golf Europe for most of my purchases as they don't charge any shipping to here in Spain if you spend £100 or more. I often play them off against each other and got myself my new RBZ 5 Tour wood for £142.

If my order is for under £100, I buy some more Z Stars, 2 dozen for £50! Out here they will set you back at least £75...even the Soft Feels are 33€ a dozen! £13 in AG.

markmoore

Hacker
Visit site
Good Morning GB72,

Apologies, I've only just seen your comments regarding the slow response to your price beat requests. We pride ourselves on replying very promptly to all communications (price beats included) so please accept my apologies first of all for not receiving a reply straight away.

I've also raised the issue with John Swinden, our call centre Manager, who is very keen to speak with you so he can get this sorted asap. Please can you call John on 08000 139 139 or email john.swinden@direct-golf.co.uk at your earliest convenience.

Hope this helps.

Mark Moore
Website Sales Manager
Class A PGA Golf Professional
Direct Golf UK

t:// 08000 139 139
e:// mark.moore@direct-golf.co.uk
w:// www.direct-golf.co.uk