Any clubs closed ?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is what is happening at our place: Sorted and MAY give a little help for any other Committee members

Link
Following the Government's latest advice (@ 17:00 Monday 16th March) regarding limitations in terms of social contact the Management Board met this morning to consider the Club response with emphasis on our duty of care responsibilities relating to: -
a. The older age profile of our membership than of the general population. b. Club staff (greens staff, bar staff, catering staff, office staff).
As a result, we consider that the following actions need be taken by the Club: -
  1. The course remains open for casual play only with all club competition golf suspended with immediate effect and indefinitely. This supports both the general and mental well being of our members.
  2. Roll-up groups are requested NOT to congregate in groups greater than 4 persons in the locker room, clubhouse environs, putting green or tee.
  3. The Club intend to introduce compulsory members BRS booking, for ALL casual golf, from Monday next week. Further details to follow. This is to limit the possibility of group proximity and interaction.
  4. The greenkeeping staff will continue to maintain the course and, in addition, introduce the following: -
I) Flag poles and flags will be deep cleaned weekly. II) Bunker rakes will be removed with members asked to utilise their clubs to remove foot/pitch marks and/or lift and drop should the ball reside in foot imprints. III) Bunkers will be raked by staff 3 times per week in support of casual play.
  1. In support of the above members are asked to: -
I) Not to utilise the bells on holes 4 and 17 but to call players on from the tee behind. II) Not to utilise the bells on the 18th but to view that the players ahead are on the 18th green. III) Wash hands thoroughly before and after play. IV) Handshakes and other embraces associated with the etiquette of the game should be avoided. V) Utilise the on-course toilets on the 13th hole for emergency use only.
  1. The Pro Shop will remain open but members are asked to limit numbers therein to 4 persons maximum (including staff).
  2. The Club Professional will continue to provide tuition on an individual basis as required/booked.
  3. The Clubhouse main lounge will be closed to ALL members from 18:00 today (Tuesday) for an indefinite period.
  4. Bar & Catering staff will undertake clubhouse “deep clean” activities to complete by Friday 20th March from where they will be deployed in support of other club related activities (as meets both demand and available skills).
  5. The Club Office will remain open but staff will work from home periodically.
  6. Work on the Spike Bar upgrade will continue with tradespeople accessing the area under the control of the main office staff.
  7. Both locker rooms will remain open for use but members are asked not to congregate therein in groups greater than 4 persons.
  8. Locker rooms will be cleaned daily.
  9. Locker rooms will close at the publicised time (see notices therein) – members are asked to ensure that they DO NOT require access to the locker room beyond the advertised times. Closing times are presently being finalised.
  10. Members are asked to consider relocating golf equipment from their club locker to their vehicle to limit locker room numbers.
  11. The Driving Range and practice areas remain open for use but with the following controls/restrictions: -
i) Members are asked to limit the numbers within the range to 6 in total (including teaching bay). ii) Golf ball baskets, for vending purposes, will be limited to 6 in total in support of the above and will be stored in a bucket of disinfected water. Members are asked to both retrieve and return baskets from the provided receptacle. iii) Members are advised to top-up range cards asap and to a reasonable capacity to limit transactions. iv) Range Card top up will be available from the Club Office forthwith.
  1. The planned AGM (26th March) is postponed until Sept 2020 latest (in line with Financial Regulations).
  2. All planned social activities at the Club will be cancelled for the foreseeable future (eg Friday Feast, Mother’s Day Carvery, Quiz Nights, etc) with all persons booking to be informed.
We hope that the above controls are understandable given both Government advice and Club responsibilities and that members can support and comply in full.
Further updates will be provided as the existing health position develops and further Government advice is communicated.
Management Board

User20204

Visit site
My friend lives in Italy and no one can leave the house. One member of the household is nominated to go shopping but only with a police certificate. They then have to wear gloves and mask and it is one in one out of the supermarket. Last night the military drove down the street asking people to shut windows as they were disinfecting they streets. His boss has had to quit working even from home as his dad is severely ill due to the virus.
his very words is that it has spread like wild fire and we are only a few weeks behind them.
There hospitals are broken the amount of resource to treat one person is more than people expected.
Do not underestimate this.

There was a doctor interviewed on Channel 4 news from the area. He suggested that the virus was in the area for at least a month before anyone new about it and was spread by a so called super spreader, he also stated that where is started was a very highly populated area and it was not necessarily so that every where else will get it as bad, however from reports, it does seem quite bad in the London area.

My partner told me this evening that the ward just across from her unit is where they are going and said ambulances have been coming in the whole day.

Doodle

Visit site
Update from my club today.
1. All club Comps off.
2. All Senior matches off
3. All bunker rakes removed
4. Flag sticks to be left in.
5. Putter length gimme's
6. Clubhouse & locker room open
7. Pro shop open
8. Social events still on (strange)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes - I know...:(

I don't know about you but my membership and the club are very important to me. Not being a member would be a massive hole in my life and if we could still go out, at least I could play in the evenings and Mrs Hogie could accompany me - getting us out of the house and sharing quality outdoor time together.

In the short term I can afford both. But how long this might go on and what the government might require of us all in respect of a lockdown...would have me throwing away money that I might well need in the medium or longer term - especially to keep my lad's head above water over the longer term.

Unfortunately I know the right answer to my own question...:(
Well - last night I spoke with my wife and offered to drop my membership - she simply said ‘No you are not - your membership is very important to you - you’ll feel miserable and you’d feel very guilty and upset if your club went under and you felt that you contributed to it‘. And so I’ll pay my subs.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Update from our club last night.

If the course gets closed fully we will get a credit against next years fees if we have renewed on time this year

Bunker rakes removed.
All matches cancelled or postponed, we had a major final scheduled for next weekend.
The caterers will be offering a take away service only
Flag to stay in etc.

We have received information for several regional comps that they have been cancelled by the organisers.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had an email last night.

Course staying open at the moment
Bar kitchen and clubhouse seating areas all closed off.
Access via the external locker room door and changing room, internal corridor to the toilets open
Pro shop open but access from the external door
Office will be manned but queries should be by email/phone
Length of time in locker room kept to a minimum
Green staff to continue working but are looking at their rosters separately to stagger start times to minimise contact

Seems the steward and other bar staff could have their contracts cancelled subject to how this plays out. Worrying for the steward as he lives on site with a wife and two kids so not sure how their accommodation will be affected. We have another email due out today about playing, touching flags, using PSI etc

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is what is happening at our place: Sorted and MAY give a little help for any other Committee members

Link

Following the Government's latest advice (@ 17:00 Monday 16th March) regarding limitations in terms of social contact the Management Board met this morning to consider the Club response with emphasis on our duty of care responsibilities relating to: -
a. The older age profile of our membership than of the general population. b. Club staff (greens staff, bar staff, catering staff, office staff).
As a result, we consider that the following actions need be taken by the Club: -
  1. The course remains open for casual play only with all club competition golf suspended with immediate effect and indefinitely. This supports both the general and mental well being of our members.
  2. Roll-up groups are requested NOT to congregate in groups greater than 4 persons in the locker room, clubhouse environs, putting green or tee.
  3. The Club intend to introduce compulsory members BRS booking, for ALL casual golf, from Monday next week. Further details to follow. This is to limit the possibility of group proximity and interaction.
  4. The greenkeeping staff will continue to maintain the course and, in addition, introduce the following: -
I) Flag poles and flags will be deep cleaned weekly. II) Bunker rakes will be removed with members asked to utilise their clubs to remove foot/pitch marks and/or lift and drop should the ball reside in foot imprints. III) Bunkers will be raked by staff 3 times per week in support of casual play.
  1. In support of the above members are asked to: -
I) Not to utilise the bells on holes 4 and 17 but to call players on from the tee behind. II) Not to utilise the bells on the 18th but to view that the players ahead are on the 18th green. III) Wash hands thoroughly before and after play. IV) Handshakes and other embraces associated with the etiquette of the game should be avoided. V) Utilise the on-course toilets on the 13th hole for emergency use only.
  1. The Pro Shop will remain open but members are asked to limit numbers therein to 4 persons maximum (including staff).
  2. The Club Professional will continue to provide tuition on an individual basis as required/booked.
  3. The Clubhouse main lounge will be closed to ALL members from 18:00 today (Tuesday) for an indefinite period.
  4. Bar & Catering staff will undertake clubhouse “deep clean” activities to complete by Friday 20th March from where they will be deployed in support of other club related activities (as meets both demand and available skills).
  5. The Club Office will remain open but staff will work from home periodically.
  6. Work on the Spike Bar upgrade will continue with tradespeople accessing the area under the control of the main office staff.
  7. Both locker rooms will remain open for use but members are asked not to congregate therein in groups greater than 4 persons.
  8. Locker rooms will be cleaned daily.
  9. Locker rooms will close at the publicised time (see notices therein) – members are asked to ensure that they DO NOT require access to the locker room beyond the advertised times. Closing times are presently being finalised.
  10. Members are asked to consider relocating golf equipment from their club locker to their vehicle to limit locker room numbers.
  11. The Driving Range and practice areas remain open for use but with the following controls/restrictions: -
i) Members are asked to limit the numbers within the range to 6 in total (including teaching bay). ii) Golf ball baskets, for vending purposes, will be limited to 6 in total in support of the above and will be stored in a bucket of disinfected water. Members are asked to both retrieve and return baskets from the provided receptacle. iii) Members are advised to top-up range cards asap and to a reasonable capacity to limit transactions. iv) Range Card top up will be available from the Club Office forthwith.
  1. The planned AGM (26th March) is postponed until Sept 2020 latest (in line with Financial Regulations).
  2. All planned social activities at the Club will be cancelled for the foreseeable future (eg Friday Feast, Mother’s Day Carvery, Quiz Nights, etc) with all persons booking to be informed.
We hope that the above controls are understandable given both Government advice and Club responsibilities and that members can support and comply in full.
Further updates will be provided as the existing health position develops and further Government advice is communicated.
Management Board

Very sensible, and a great post.
Thanks ?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Club remains fully open with additional cleaning in the clubhouse, hand sanitizers next to computer screens, seating spaced out more in the lounge and rakes removed from bunkers although these will be classed as GUR until rakes are back in

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Was supposed to play at Hollinwell Monday, but that’s been cancelled and we’re playing at Little Aston instead, although the bar ‘ catering is closed, so it’s car park golf.

My Foursomes Comp for Saturday is cancelled, along with all internal & external comps for the foreseeable.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Well - last night I spoke with my wife and offered to drop my membership - she simply said ‘No you are not - your membership is very important to you - you’ll feel miserable and you’d feel very guilty and upset if your club went under and you felt that you contributed to it‘. And so I’ll pay my subs.
Just wondering if there would be an opportunity to spread the payments over a period, would help your cash flow?

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
All good up at Gleneagles today, played The Kings and the course had a plenty guys out there playing.
The Dormey House was open and as usual the food was too notch.

Like most other clubs they have released a statement that its business as usual and they are following all the guidelines that have been put in place, couldn't think of a better place to self isolate if it comes to that especially with the 3 courses on offer.