Any clubs closed ?

D

Deleted member 17920

Does anyone know of any that haven't?

Havent seen any courses open but I did see one yesterday that mentioned the practice ground is still open.

Dont think that is a good idea.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i cut though the Kings on my walk with Rupert yesterday, half expected to see some silly old buggers still playing, but thankfully no sign of anyone. Club had taken all the flags out and the green staff were still working the drainage and a couple of mowers heading back to the sheds

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of my thoughts about it being shown that late was that many people would have missed it. I watch the news at 6pm as my last news viewing of the evening

Hard to find the right time, I am not home for the 6.00 news normally. That said, once it was advised that it was an address to the nation rather than a briefing then it was bound to contain something big. Think over 21million people watched it so the timing cannot have been far off correct.

Springveldt

Visit site
Interesting seeing the letters some of you are getting from your clubs about discounts next year, money on your bar card etc. Got one from mine yesterday (subs are April-March) and there was nothing about any discounts etc just a can you pay up now. There was even a line about if people are thinking about resigning their membership only to take it up again when the club is open they are expected to pay the full fee for the year no matter when they join.

Bit of a shitshow of an email tbh, those that were on the fence about paying will probably not be paying now. When this is over I'd expect a lot of clubs to be desperate for cash, their will be some cracking deals for new members.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not had anything from the club as yet. I am sure they are working on it as well as trying to protect the jobs of the staff. At the moment, it comes out via DD and I don't miss it each month so if they still take it then it's no biggie. I am confident the club will still be there at the end of this and to be honest I am sure my course will welcome the rest period and if we do get some green staff working on it still from time to time (pretty sure someone will be there daily for security) then it could be in brilliant condition when we come back

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
D

Deleted member 17920

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
This course in the highlands is very concerned, I’ve not heard of it, maybe some of our Scottish members would like to expand on, why would it struggle any more than any other club.

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/top-scottish-club-might-not-survive-corona-crisis
no more so that Tain and Golspie, these 3 have been struggling for a while as member numbers drop. they fare better as i think the are home of the James Braid Soc so get extra cash from that, tough times for all the clubs up here, even Dornoch

D

Deleted member 17920

no more so that Tain and Golspie, these 3 have been struggling for a while as member numbers drop. they fare better as i think the are home of the James Braid Soc so get extra cash from that, tough times for all the clubs up here, even Dornoch
Have Dornoch finished the clubhouse yet?

This is a bad year as I am sure it’s going to be horrendous for the highland golf courses.

Only hope recovery is quick. The Americans won’t travel this year I guess.