Antone played Dundonald recently?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I am thinking of going for a game end of next week as I am through that way for a couple of days and they have an offer on but last time I went (couple of years ago in March I think)IM02 reckoned it was fairly wet and bunkers were flooded etc,I cannot remember it being that bad but I have got a poor memory so was wondering if anyone can tell me what condition it is in cos if it is swampy my cash will stay in my pocket.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
I played in December and it was in great nick. I thought it was a very good course, clubhouse is a portakabin though

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
No lying water Mike?Aye it's a nice portakabin tho eh? Can't understand why they still aint built a proper one yet...lack of funds maybe seeing as it was tied in with Loch Lomond.

T

thecraw

I can tell you why they have not built a proper clubhouse.

Its down to planning consent over the clock tower that they want to be visiable from the whole course. The local cooncil (council for the non-scots!) planning department are refusing to let them build anything as big as the tower that Dundonald want and as a result they have told the cooncil to shove it.

Dundonald have dug their heels in and so have the cooncil so a stalemate is in place untill someone backs down!

barry610

Club Champion
Visit site
I would reckon Dundonald would be fine Dodger as it's in my home town (irvine) and any of the other courses that i have played recently have held up to the weather no problem.How much are you getting it for ? the 1st time i played it , it was £50 and the second time i played it cost me £25 as i was playing with one of my mates who caddies there occaisionally.

If it was my money i would see what kind of deal you could get for Western Gailles as in my opinion it's a much better course.Don't get me wrong , Dundonald is a good course but for me it's not a great course , it just doesn't have the same character as the likes of the Weatern or Glasgow Gailles.

If you are coming over to the West Coast i'm sure you will have a great time as we have some cracking courses in Ayrshire (Dundonald being one of them , that last statement was just my opinion).If you can't make up a fourball give me a PM and we could mabye meet up for a hit.

Cheers

Barry