Another ridiculous Ref decision...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
FIFA is fundamentally corrupt form the very top down. Blatter, Platini et al are only in it to line their own pockets and pursue their own agendas. Won't change one bit if the Irish appeal. They will never risk France not being there and the potential revenue a "top" European side will bring compared to an equally adept but less fashionable nation

Its the same in the ICC, the IOC and certainly in F1. Power and money corrupt - end of

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Handball 100%.

But it shouldn't have even got to Henry. That ball has travelled 45yards and McShane has managed to let his man get the wrong side of him AND then he lets the ball run across his body inside the 6 yard box. Defending that you would be unhappy with @ u11's level.

That should have been smashed back where it come from and then there wouldn't be any talk of cheating, conspiracies, biased or anything else.

The tin hat is on for any ensuing flak!!! :cool:

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sad way to see Ireland go out,but if it had been a Irish player in the same situation he would probably done the same.Cheatings part of the game now a player just has to be touched inside the box and hes down looking for a pen.Untill thy start cracking down and sending players off it will naver change.As for calls for the game to be replayed thats never going to happen agree with most of the posts that fifas corropt.If they did start replaying games because of cheating Chealsea would have to replay most of there games because of Drogba far and away the worst cheat thats played in England.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Football is totally and utterly hypocritical.

If you can recind a yellow or red card after the fact then why can't you disallow a goal after fact?
Clubs and Countries are always challenging cards and if the ref is found to have been hasty then its recinded.
Same happens if someone punches out another player but the ref doesn't see it - he can be banned for it after video evidence.

So why can't they disallow a goal using video evidence? What's good for one should be good for any?

They won't, but if they do it with other incidents........

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Couldn't agree more there is such hypocracy going round over this today. If the boot had been on the other foot we would all have been laughing at France's fate. Whilst I do not know whether FIFA are inherently corrupt I do know that the referee last night had a great opportunity to give a legitimate penalty to France but he did not. So there goes the conspiracy theory.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are we going to replay every game with a dodgy refereeing decision in it now?
I'm getting a bit fed up of the Irish bleating. It's tough, but that's life. Get on with it.

Can't seem to find a photo of McGeady's wee greetin' face, but I'll keep looking.

roccokj

Head Pro
Visit site
few of you dont get the point...ireland want to replay the game because it means so much that handball was really the difference between France and Ireland qualifying for the World Cup. Of course we are not going to replay every game Chelsea play because it doesn't mean a lot, the only reason Ireland want it to be replayed because it means a lot.

B

birdieman

It's harsh but I agree you can't replay a game because the ref missed a handball. If Robbie Keane had done that at the other end the Irish would be celebrating.
Henry looked a little embarrased but he's going to the World Cup, they made the final last time with a mediocre team so who knows what they'll do this time.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry to see Ireland go out. I only saw 20mins of the first half plus the great goal from Keane. Thought Ireland were by far the better team, and from what I've heard was obvious France would up their game in the 2nd half. Still haven't seen the "incident" but it's been on Talk Sport radio all day. I thought Ronnie Irani called it right by saying, "The game is not real anymore". For me , that says it all.

Golfmmad.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
In a 2 legged affair like last night I have to say that I think that it should be 2 x 90 mins then straight to penalties....that doesn't solve the blatant penalty but I can never understand why in a 2nd leg an away team get 30 more minutes to score an away goal or on the flipside the home team get another 30mins home advantage. :D

By the way not a chance in holy hell the Paddy's will get a replay...there oot end of,time for them to support the same teams as me in the summer. ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thats actually an interesting point re the advantage the away team has in the second to get an away goal. Never considered it before but it does seem to be unfair. 2 x 90 minute games and then pens would be a balanced argument but I guess there is more money in showing extra time with ad breaks

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just seen the hand ball on the news - never seen a more blatant penalty!! Disgraceful :mad:

Golfmmad.

of course you have, Maradona (cheating little git)

but you don't hear us going on about it :p

I'm not so sure Viscount17, Maradonnas was much more subtle, Henrys, (cheating French git) purely blatant.

And no we don't go on about it, but the media do :(

Golfmmad. :D