Animal Do Do.....free droppings or what?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Put a further spin on this.

If the ground, as it's been lately, is very soft and the **Insert large animal** has left a hoof (foot) mark and damaged the turf and this interferes with the stance and/or swing, could this be classed as an animal scrape and relief be entitled under abnormal ground?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Put a further spin on this.

If the ground, as it's been lately, is very soft and the **Insert large animal** has left a hoof (foot) mark and damaged the turf and this interferes with the stance and/or swing, could this be classed as an animal scrape and relief be entitled under abnormal ground?

The Rules only give relief for scrapes by burrowing animals. Local Rules can be used to extend it though.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
You're welcome, Bladeplayer.

Cows I remember well, Patrick. There is something particularly off-putting about find your nice white ball splatted into a large fresh cow pat. I paid a nostalgic return visit to Machrihanish and Dunaverty in Kintyre in May. Machrihanish no longer has animals grazing though it did when I was a youngster. Dunaverty still has cows on the first 5 holes and electric fences but I managed to avoid both. I love the Brora local rule telling us that electric fences should not be moved. As if!

its when the buggers get in the bunkers that's a real problem. stupid animals try to get out up the reveted face of the bunkers and knacker quite a few every year.

Went in a greenside bunker a couple of years ago that had just had a cow and calf in, a right mess, the ball ended up in a big hoof print.

so when ever I get a bad lie in a bunker now, i think of that day, and its never as bad;)

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having fallen victim of a large dog turd on a course I had to take unplayable. On realising the ball was plugged I left it and walked on choosing to take a blank at the hole. No-one should have to make a decision about playing from dog turds. Espeacially with no real handwashing facitities around and the risks associated with them.

Sorry if I have mis-understood, but you are allowed to substitute a ball under Rule 28 (Ball Unplayable) so you could have left the ball in the turd and dropped a fresh one (so to speak).;)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Cheers Fox :thup:

That reminds me.

Avoid Fox pooh wherever you can! Made the mistake of stepping in some in the back garden once, then wandered through the house and into the car. Not pleasant!:angry: Nor was the reception from HID! :confused: And my work colleagues avoid ..... better stop there. :rolleyes:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Patrick...miss read your post as RAF landing rights!!!!

In my youth a very serious player was rumoured to carry a few rabbit droppings in his pocket just in case he finished in a divot.
[Free drop animal scrape...just look at those droppings]

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
its when the buggers get in the bunkers that's a real problem. stupid animals try to get out up the reveted face of the bunkers and knacker quite a few every year.

Went in a greenside bunker a couple of years ago that had just had a cow and calf in, a right mess, the ball ended up in a big hoof pri

so when ever I get a bad lie in a bunker now, i think of that day, and its never as bad;)
it must have been a un -placenta experience for you , you deserve a pat on the back. i know im sick

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Royal North Devon has a LR for turd!
Mainly sheeps but there can be others as it's on common land so there are people walking dogs, having picnics (I sh*t you not!) and other things!!!!!!